Project dirt dobber

ORV design and fab

Hey guys, I just bought this buggy from cumminzdsl. He ran it in 2010. ECORS.I had done some work to it, roof panels, x on the hoop and doing some tube work to tie in the front end. Here's the stats as of right now
83 toy
Nicely running 22R on the pane
Dual cases with budbuilt cover
Std cab short bed frame
Custom wiring harness
Nice lights added
5 point harnesses
Square drive shafts
Longs In the front
Trussed and gusset end on front housing
Celica seats
Full tube work.
Runs and drives great.

ai1052.photobucket.com_albums_s455_orv_design_fab_576AA9DC_BB072977b850b77d190625447a034a78440.jpg

Future plans are to rock bounce the crap out of it and have a good time...in the spring or when work slows down I will cut the rest of the factory toy sheet metal off and clean it up a lil.

I have a new t bird hood that I am going to cut up and make fit...with some tubing mods in the front.

And maybe cut the back half of cage off to do something all different to change the look.

Get on it!

Had a blast at URE. No breaks no bruises. Good over all. Beat on it pretty good. Jumped it on a few hills and it landed nicely. my buddy riding was a lil scared but after the first landing he felt comfortable jumping. Played hard. 70% of URE was done in 2 hi hi. Knocked out few good chunks out of my bloggers tho. I wonder why? Pics soon

I can smell the burnt rubber already!

Lol. i,m sure glad kyle put the side panels and back lexan on. it really keeps the mud off of ya. I like the way this tire looks. Not so mud racer but different than what I have seen on others.

Had a blast at the flats this weekend! It was a great time and. Really beat on the buggy hard. It took it other than a pop in front end I think she is good. There is a crack in the Fran in front of the steering box behind the front hanger but I will address this whe kill the front end apart and fix whatever popped. It keeps popping every so often just under load, but something it binding so I will find it and fix it pics up soon

Well got to pull the front end apart today and see the carnage...not bad at all. After the flats ...or you could say ol stumpy, I had a miss in my front end, it would pop under load so I found the culprit
ai1052.photobucket.com_albums_s455_orv_design_fab_81F0FFD6_BB38e8c24ad4f8dc12cec84087a0453d469.jpg

ai1052.photobucket.com_albums_s455_orv_design_fab_FE9BD751_B55d9a15ea8bc96d06401075bcbade2955c.jpg
broke pinion gear tooth. But I got a new 3rd member with a lock rite to swap in and swap the Aussie that's in this one into another open 3rd that I find at a good deal, anyone got one???? Will show new 3rd going in and other things I do to spruce it up alil

Haven't had time to post because was busy with other things. Haven't wheeled since flats in January so I'm itching pretty bad. I decided to hit the next stage head on and cut all the sheet metal off and full tube it. I'm installing the the new mastercraft seats and redoing the floor as well. Shouldn't be too bad. I have everything I need other than sheet metal. Ill grab a 4x8 of thin mtaterial and use it for the panels and floor. Trans tunnel as welll will be reworkd.

ai1052.photobucket.com_albums_s455_orv_design_fab_IMAG0620_zpse1df9281.jpg

I have stripped the drivers side and am removing the harness bar to push the new seats farther back to allow more leg room...as I am larger than what the cab was originally designed for. But should look good and work out well. The great thing with changing to the new seats is I have the ability to lower the mounting and lean them back for comfort.we shall see

Back