Project dirt dobber

Got some work done last night. I made the mounting tabs for the light bar. Cleaned up the wiring in the engine bay, mounted the coil that was hanging on the fender thats not there anymore. Mounted the radiator resevoir, so it looks like I am finished with a lot of small things that would hold me up in the end. Tomorrow's agenda includes the floor support and floor panels being mounted. Seats being mounted and trans tunnels being mocked up and cut out to be bent . I will make the trans tunnel in one piece to be able to remove to service the trans case and such. Whaycha think?

Got some work done tonight. Finished the outer panel that holds my fuse panel. I love to do custom painting and I know that ill just touch up over top so I am going to just do some skull Camo on the panels and flat black on the tubing to keep it simple. It'll look different should be fine. Here's some starting of the paint job.

Cranked. It up today for the first time in quite a few months. After stripping the body and finding all the grounds, and rerunning wires, wasn't sure if I would have it running so easy, but it does and does the same...really good. I rolled the bedliner on the floor s and mounted them tonight for the most. Still have to cut out for mounting the seat,but all in all making killer progress. I still have a long list of things to do before loading it thurs. Here's alil poser shot of it climbing 44s.

Well I went. For a shake down run today. Man that truck rattles, kinks and pops like crazy. I didn't think it was that bad but with open tubing you can hear everything...and its not a good sound. My front end is popping like crazy under hard throttle. Even doesn't pull when popping...whatcha rhink. Guys I went with said they had heard that the housing being bent. And locker doesn't like it.

Back