Propane parts..

StudNuts said:
who wants a 2 barrell though

I've got a 2 brrl intake... so why not.... save money on a new intake, or an adapter to go from 4 to 2....

don't know if it holds true to propane, but when I went from 4brrl to 2 brrl carb, i gained torque. ya,I lost some horse power, but a noticible gain in torque.

Rich said:
A pressure gauge would be useless.. the pressure in the tank remains constant until you are out of liquid. The pressure does change with temperature, but not with amount remaining.

Redman, you use 2 tanks in a day?!?! Crap, I use less than one.

But the built-in gauges really do blow chunks even when they do work, IN OUR APPLICATION.

It wouldnt be completly useless. It would give you a SMALL amount of warning that your about to run out of gas. You would have time to get out of the way of trafic on a street driven rig or get to a safe spot on the trail to switch tanks. The lights I have instaled will give you about 3-5 min. run time on a 3.0 GM. The built in gauges suck in any a application. Many of the tanks I see now are coming new with out them.

So, seems no good solution. Come on fab guys, we need something that'll work.
Some sort of tank weighing system, that will give accurate weights when ever you need it.
My on-tank guages seem to work, as long as sitting still, been sitting still so it can settle down and stay still. But not all of them have a guage so I use them first out of two fresh tanks. At the end of a day of riding, I just put in two fresh tanks. Unless I have only used one of the ones I start with.

Actually I don't think there is a good system for how much you have left. I did see one guy up at Mountain City CN that had a 28 gal tank. he said it was good for 4 good days of wheeling. He was running a SBC on full size one tons, and Full size Cab

You can tell when it is getting low, the tank will perspire and feel cold when it is low. I know mine normally perspires enought that it leaves a ring around the tank and I cant then tell how much is left. But a pressure guage is useless, the only real way is to weigh the tank.

orange150 said:
is there no safe way to measure the amount of liquid in the tank? LPG.. Liquid right?
NO
NONE

LPG=liquid propane gas It is under pressure. You have to be carefull changing tanks because of some leakage that can occure. VERY easy to get frostbite, so you should always wear a heavy glove to do the connections. As mentioned above only real way is to weigh them. And with different makers of containers, you will need empty and full weights of them all. I do know aluminum tanks are about 20lbs lighter than the steel ones.
You can carry a BBG type propane bottle as a backup, but it has to be inverted to release liquid fuel. Also have to concider a safe way to transport it too.

Something I didn't know until I went to fill my tanks once is: the only legal way to tranport tanks is upright. This was brought to my attention when I had 6 tanks in the back of my broncoII laying down. Imagine someone seeing these and turning me in as some sort of terrorist!

I have thought about getting a permanent tank on my trailor to refill my tanks, or even in the back of my truck. just some thoughts

Back