R/C section

rokntoy

FUCKIN SLAYER!!!
Has there been any thought about a r/c section added to the forum? Seems to be a growing hobby.

Attachments

• bull hole.jpg
    bull hole.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 606
  • Jason's rc crawler pics 011.jpg
    Jason's rc crawler pics 011.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 602
  • Jason's rc crawler pics 010.jpg
    Jason's rc crawler pics 010.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 668
does anyone run around up near Boone?
Ive got an SCX10 but don't really have anyone to wheel it with..
Some friends and i go to wilkesboro theres a couple of good spots there been going to Jefferson on some scouting runs on the parkway and stuff like that. We go to stone mtn thats a awsome place. Are there any good spots around boone to go? Maybe we can all get together one sat or something.

I'd like to see this too and on a side note I have a decent rockpile at my shop a few guys have come run comps on and I have around an acre of flat field that I have been thinking about making a race course on. I have acces to a tractor to do whatever we need. Lots of my buddies are getting into the short course trucks pretty heavy and they keep asking if I'll build a track. I just wonder if there is enough interest to bring you guys out. I love this stuff and it's also a great "cheaper than wheeling" thing to get the family into.

Some friends and i go to wilkesboro theres a couple of good spots there been going to Jefferson on some scouting runs on the parkway and stuff like that. We go to stone mtn thats a awsome place. Are there any good spots around boone to go? Maybe we can all get together one sat or something.

Haven't really scouted too much besides what Ive seen near my house. I really havent done much with the truck since Ive had it but run it up a creek bed and some high speed runs down my street and through the snow. Ive got a 3s and 5s for it, and the 5s can lay some rubber down.

As mentioned, definitely check out NCRCCrawlers. Several guys on here that are on that site as well.

We have a fairly active RC Crawler community here in NC. Usually have 10-12 people at the comps recently. Although last year our numbers were closer to 15-20 at each comp.

We've been out to MarsFab a couple times for comps and we usually have a few comps a year at DPG.

As mentioned, definitely check out NCRCCrawlers. Several guys on here that are on that site as well.

We have a fairly active RC Crawler community here in NC. Usually have 10-12 people at the comps recently. Although last year our numbers were closer to 15-20 at each comp.

We've been out to MarsFab a couple times for comps and we usually have a few comps a year at DPG.

I go there often and I wanting to compete in the sportsman class in the next few months but I have to look up the rules.

I go there often and I wanting to compete in the sportsman class in the next few months but I have to look up the rules.

I doubt we will have an actual Sportsman series next year. Only a few of us left with Sportsman trucks (maybe 4 or 5). Although I'm sure we will have at least a few Sportsman events next year, even if we just have them on the same day as a regular 2.2 comp.

Man I put some gas powered 4x4 on CL as well as here for $25 - It was missing the shell, motor was probably ceised..I have no idea.. I know it retailed for $250 new.. My phone was blowing up! So I upped the price to $50 and folks were still chomping at the bit to get em! Im thinkin I shoulda asked more now, these things are popular!

I doubt we will have an actual Sportsman series next year. Only a few of us left with Sportsman trucks (maybe 4 or 5). Although I'm sure we will have at least a few Sportsman events next year, even if we just have them on the same day as a regular 2.2 comp.

I have a couple of friends thats intrested in sportsman class just for fun on a couple local comps just for fun if there is still a class

Been working on this for a while. Still needs electronics.......
aimg.tapatalk.com_4aeb32e8_fa0d_dbbb.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Slick paintjob. Not using the front light buckets?

Heres my SCX10. Ive also got a sweet Tamiya TB-01, but no pictures of that one.

Attachments

• DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 482
I had planned on using the buckets but had a brain fart while masking. The Axial logo was a stencil that came with the window masking. I have a old Tamiya Toyota cab but haven't worked out mounting yet so I just threw that on there.

I like the color of yours.

I got this in the mail today. Tried it out in the living room. Can't wait to get it dirty this weekend.
aimg.tapatalk.com_4aeb32e8_083b_e8c8.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thats next on the list, the new Wraith kit. Gonna make it more for speed than for wheeling though :wheel:

That color was actually supposed to never really be seen. I was gonna paint that on the inside of the shell for "rust", then paint silver on the outside for the bare metal, then paint yellow over that.

I got as far as the rust before I decided I really liked the color, so I kept it.

I've got an AX-10 with all sorts of stuff done to it...rear steer, aluminum links f+r, different shocks, tires, etc
ai36.photobucket.com_albums_e15_ROCKWELLEDTOYOTA_axial.jpg

I've got a Jeep chassis that I thought about swapping everything into along with the motor from a Rustler..making it into a hill-killer

I've got an AX-10 with all sorts of stuff done to it...rear steer, aluminum links f+r, different shocks, tires, etc
ai36.photobucket.com_albums_e15_ROCKWELLEDTOYOTA_axial.jpg

I've got a Jeep chassis that I thought about swapping everything into along with the motor from a Rustler..making it into a hill-killer

Damn where the funk have you been!! We need to get up and go to some places. Anywhere around granite falls?

Thats next on the list, the new Wraith kit. Gonna make it more for speed than for wheeling though :wheel:
That color was actually supposed to never really be seen. I was gonna paint that on the inside of the shell for "rust", then paint silver on the outside for the bare metal, then paint yellow over that.
I got as far as the rust before I decided I really liked the color, so I kept it.

Istarted out with the axial rock crawler. Threw a ton of after market stuff on it. It as fun but I like the scale stuff better. I have been collecting junk fo rthe Honcho for several months now. Since the old lady is laid up I have more time at home to work on it. Looks like electrics may be a while now tho.

For any of you guys that are in the Raleigh area, we are going to have a comp on Sunday at Falls Lake Dam. Probably start between 9-9:30am, start with 2.2 then maybe run Sportsman if we have enough people. Some of the guys are going to bring their scalers also.

Back