R/C section

Lee, here are a couple suggestions for you on electronics for the XR10. This is basically the same as what we talked about the other week at the comp.

For a 3-channel Radio
- Tekin FXR & a Punk Dig

For a 4-channel Radio
- Dual Tekin FXR's or Dual Holmes Hobbies BRXL's (have to remove the cases from the BRXL's due to their size)

Other electronics needed
- Servo (Most guys run the Hitec 7950, myself included)
- Castle BEC (programmed to match the voltage for your servo)
- 2 motors (if you are going to run stock gears for awhile, I'd stick with some cheap motors such as Integy in 35 or 45 turn. If you are going to upgrade to RC4WD gears, go with a set of Holmes Hobbies handwounds. I run the CrawlMaster 16 turns.)

if i buy a 4ch, i'm going to have to hire someone to come to my house and help me put all my cars on one controller.

any recommendations on what to get or what to stay away from. if i'm going to drop a wad on a controller, i would prefer to by top of the line so i don't have to buy another one for a long time.

if i buy a 4ch, i'm going to have to hire someone to come to my house and help me put all my cars on one controller.
any recommendations on what to get or what to stay away from. if i'm going to drop a wad on a controller, i would prefer to by top of the line so i don't have to buy another one for a long time.
You will need a separate receiver for every truck/car you own unless you swap them out. They run like 75 to 100 bucks per a receiver for the 4pks/4pk or 40 to 60 for the 4PL
Futaba 4PKS (or 4PK, just an earlier version of the 4PKS) is the transmitter that alot of the crawling guys are using.
X's 2 or a more affordable version of it with most of the benefits is the 4pl.

I picked up the Flysky GT3B, and can't be happier with it! Ran me 35 bucks, and extra receivers are a whopping 7 dollars. Binding different rigs is super easy, and switching to which one you want to run takes like 3 seconds.

Its 3 channel, BUT there are hack options out there to get it up to 6+ I believe. Im happy with the 3 though, I can turn my SCX-10's lights on and off with it, super cool.

I just picked up a GT3B as well. The throttle trigger on my old Axial AE-1 developed a short. I'm real happy with the GT3B. For the price it can't be beat!

Back