R/C section

There are a few along the new river up here. I know there are plenty more, just really need to hunt them down. I do most of my crawling in the mountain behind me house. The park on Mt. Jefferson has a lot of good rocks and its close to town. Im sure Danny at the hobby barn could point you to more than a few also.

I'd love to see an R/C section added here. Maybe that way we can get some guys together to have a 1:10 and a 1:1 crawling session at URE or something. Back in November I bought an Axila AX-10 for my 6 y/o son, Nathan. It was so much fun I decided to buy myself a used one on Craigslist. We've had fun modding them and beating on them. Here's a vid of Nathan and his AX-10 : http://youtu.be/XDLqIAGxbpc

Back in MN those of us with r/c crawlers would bring them with on trail rides. We did more stopping and crawling without 1:10 rigs then we did with our real crawlers. After that we saved them for the beers at the campground :lol:

Speaking of, my brother sent me a set of aluminum skins for my Wraith :bounce2:

abbaxter51.smugmug.com_Other_RC_Cars_i_7zxxtv2_0_L_smugshot7985057_L.jpg

abbaxter51.smugmug.com_Other_RC_Cars_i_2ZN7PTs_0_L_smugshot3527742_L.jpg

The Wraith sure looks good. I'd like to have one. We don't have a lot of rocks near us in Matthews so I yanked the 55t motors out of ours. I've set up our AX-10's more as bashers for having fun around the house. 27t motors on NIMH stick packs give us just enough wheel speed for small jumps and such while still being decent crawlers. One of these days I'll make the switch to lipo and step up to 35t hand wounds. I'm still pretty new to the RC thing so I don't want to drop a whole lotta cash on them yet.

So if we make an R/C forum, where does it go? under general info/chit-chat? tech?

i would think general chit-chat

I would think it would be a completely new section like the ATV section. Then have sub categories. Tech maybe a category for scale rigs and one for comp crawlers?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Where do you crawl with your rc's now? I live around 5 mins from Troutman.

I just play around my yard for now, I havent been anywhere locally. I keep hearing about a "bullhole" or bull frog or something like that. No idea where it is though..

I see that and think how much trouble I'd be in for tracking up the rug with "some muddy toy" :lol:
I'm going to do a body just like that...but I'll close in the rear

The wife is in NYC right now so she doesn't know about my rig in the living room. :lol:

I would think it would be a completely new section like the ATV section. Then have sub categories. Tech maybe a category for scale rigs and one for comp crawlers?

I still say its a good idea. If pirate and marlin crawler have it why cant we.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
I just play around my yard for now, I havent been anywhere locally. I keep hearing about a "bullhole" or bull frog or something like that. No idea where it is though..

I would go to mars fab if i was that close but I would ask permission first.

Here is the coordinates. 35.807425,-80.563485
Fastest way there from Troutman would be to take Olswalt Amity Rd untill it dead ends at Freightliner on 70. Go toward Sailsbury on 70 for about 4 or 5 miles and you will make a left of 801 and drive down 801 for about 6 miles. During the summer months people swim in the river. Go to youtube and search Bullhole rc.

I still say its a good idea. If pirate and marlin crawler have it why cant we.

So who does one of you guys have to do sleazy stuff with on here to get us a R/C section? :beer:

^^^^ That's just what I was thinking.

i'm sure it's not as easy as just pushing a button. give them a little time before we jump all over them. she asked questions, that means she is looking into it, i'm sure an rc section is not the most important thing going on right now.
for now as long as we keep posting in this thread, it will show we need a rc section.

i'm sure it's not as easy as just pushing a button. give them a little time before we jump all over them. she asked questions, that means she is looking into it, i'm sure an rc section is not the most important thing going on right now.
for now as long as we keep posting in this thread, it will show we need a rc section.

Just saying, the new camping section popped up within a week of the thread being made about it....not sure how many posts were in that thread, but I doubt it made it to 6 pages with pictures.

We're in SC broadcasting the Throttle King Championship for Ricky B and we've had a lot going on with the 12 Days giveaways... and, yeah Lee is right, a new forum is a little different than a new section, but you'll get it. We'll work on getting it set up once we're back home.

We're in SC broadcasting the Throttle King Championship for Ricky B and we've had a lot going on with the 12 Days giveaways... and, yeah Lee is right, a new forum is a little different than a new section, but you'll get it. We'll work on getting it set up once we're back home.

:beer: sounds good. Not meaning to sound like a jerk or anything.

It's cool... we have had a lot going on and I meant to ask sooner for ideas on where to put it... FWIW, we have mods lined up. ;)

AWESOME! Thanks :thumbup:

Back