Race Mountain City Nov. 22 NEW UPDATES

Turtle Mechanic

Going to have mods delete old thread, wasted space.
New thread with revised info and rules.
This is more racer friendly like the URE rules.
"From old thread:
We have access to a motocross track in mountain city,tn.
The owners are an old farm family trying to make ends meet,they run atv's and motorcycles every couple weeks and are looking for a new look.
The track is very doable,very rough but fun.
I actually ran it last saturday.
We are looking at single vehicle time runs,at three laps or so about 9-15 minutes.
Whatcha think.
More details later,ask questions etc.
We have two competitors already.
Myself in lowrider same truck raced at URE this spring #204
Gubni in either his buggy or an old Bronco
This is about having fun,competing and bring back grassroots racing."
Pics of track:
ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u182_turtlemechanic_raceinfo_360turnafterstartfinish.jpg

ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u182_turtlemechanic_raceinfo_middleoftrack.jpg

ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u182_turtlemechanic_raceinfo_backsideof1.jpg

ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u182_turtlemechanic_raceinfo_frontsideof1.jpg

ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u182_turtlemechanic_raceinfo_tabletop2.jpg

RULES and REGULATIONS
All vehicles will be 4wheel drive or 2wd if said vehicle was availible as 4wd from factory
no "cars" will be allowed.
There are no classes for this event.
In the event of needing classes there will be a tire size break for this event.
35 and below, 35 ½ and up.
Tire size is not that big of a deal on the track, just depends on how your vehicle is setup.
SAFETY_________________________________
No drugs or alcohol usage during the event, you will be asked to leave.
No exceptions, no excuses and no refund.

* Vehicles will have factory metal hardtop/roof covering driver and co driver or
Vehicle will need roll bar or roll cage.
• Vehicle will need seatbelts for both driver and co driver Seatbelts must be worn correctly during event--- no slipping off of shoulder belt
• Each occupant of race vehicle will wear a helmet while on course
• Each vehicle needs to have a fire extinguisher mounted
Any violations of safety will results in DQ
Racing and Prizes
Racing starts at 10am
Starting position will be determined during drivers meeting Saturday at 9am.
One Trophy will be awarded for fastest qualifying lap.
Each vehicle will make 1 qualifying lap, this lap is for familiarization of the track and how your vehicle works.
It is only called a qualifying lap this time because each vehicle is qualifying for a Trophy:driver:
In the future this one lap could be used for starting positions etc.
After all qualifying laps are completed
Main event Racing will start for the 1st vehicle, this will allow time for repair and tuning
Each vehicle will complete three laps, times will be recorded using two stop watches
The vehicle with the fastest time will be the winner.
1st place will receive a trophy and $100
2nd place will receive a trophy and $50
3rd place will receive a trophy and $25

**At this time these are the prizes, we are trying to get Sponsorship to try and make these better, prizes will go up if we get enough racers.***
Racer registration
Entry fee $25
This covers 2 people for the weekend in regards to spectator fee.
All other members of racing party will be responsible for the $5 spectator fee
Each vehicle must comply with rules and regulations and safety sections.
All racers and spectators will sign a waiver, this is thru the farm, they are putting on this event.
EastTN4x4 is only hosting the event.
Racers can come up Friday night and camp for free (very primitive)
Racers can stay Saturday night and camp for free (very primitive)
Registration will use paypal that will be setup at EastTN4x4.com
As has been said in the other threads we need at least 10 vehicles to put this on for spectators to enjoy, 20 vehicles will be even better
We have a sponsor to cover the EMT’s and ambulance now so we are able to lower the entry fee to $25 based on 10 vehicles with 20 vehicles we will be able to up the pot
We just want to race and have fun:driver:
We have other ideas brewing for fill in entertainment, it’s all about bragging rights and money…………..right :flipoff2:
Weekend Schedule
Friday
Gates will open about 5pm (registered racers can pm me if this will not work for them)
There will be no vehicles allowed on the track, racers and co drivers can walk the track as much as they want.
Saturday
9am Drivers meeting-- Drivers and co drivers required to attend don’t be late
Starting positions will be drawn at this time.
9:45am Prayer, national anthem
10:00am Racing starts
6:00pm Award ceremony
After the award ceremony the event is over, and teams can relax and discuss the days events, or they can get on the road
The Farm will be selling concessions on Saturday
Sponsors:
Thankyou
EastTN4x4.com donated $$ for EMS crew and Ambulance for the event
TeamTurtle donated 2nd place prize
Darlington Offroaddonated 3rd place prize
---------------------Racers------------------------------
Racers in Bold have paid
Team Turtle #204
Gubni #13
Jrraw23 #Z71

Tiredirongrb #44
1983Bronco #122
Sabre07 #07
braxton357 #223
Joed4x4 #00
Rox&Mud #99 and #04
tennbronco #307
----------------Address----------------------
Shulls Farm
4249 Roan Creek road
Mountain City tn,37683

------------------register/pay for race-----------
Just got paypal set up. For anyone who wants to preregister send $25.00 to admin@easttn4x4.com When it asks what you are paying for choose service. Also include your racer number and screen name with payment. In case more than one person wants the same number we will go with the person who paid first.
------------MOTEL Info----------
Mountain Empire Motel has worked out a deal for racers coming to the race $50 a night + tax ~$6.45.
This is the Motel located at 1537 S. Shady st/HWY 421
mountain City tn.
#423-727-7777
MAke sure to tell them you are with the $x$cross 4wd truck race for discount.
This is the Motel lot's of folks stay at when going to Callalantee

Any questions,comments let's talk,we have about 1 1/2 weeks to see if we can make this happen,that will allow 2+ weeks to get spectators here.

I will not be driving the track any more til the race,there are 4 motorcross and atv races between now and the race on the 22nd, so I hope it's ok that I took one lap,to see if it's doable.

Noone is allowed to drive the course til 10am on the day of the race.

We revised the rules to allow more entrants that want to try this.

Racer numbers already taken:

#204 TeamTurtle

#13 Gubni

"yours here"

We have other ideas brewing for fill in entertainment, it’s all about bragging rights and money…………..right :flipoff2:

you want fill in entertainment: dig a mud pit :driver:

The more attractive females present as spectators the more likely I will be to do some stupid stuff to put on a show - thats the whole reason I do this stuff in the first place :huggy:

btw: who do I send the $$ to for entry? Can I please, please be racer # Z71 :burnout:

On a serious race question note, whats gonna be the rule about blatantly sliding out of control off the race course? My jeep can't steer worth 2 cents, I seriously just slide when i try to go more then 5 mph and turn :shaking:

why only 4wd? i was wanting to use this as a first time out for my jeepspeed build........i dont see why 2wd cant enter

Or the better question is - is there an inspection??
e.g. wil lanybody be actually LOOKING for front driveshafts?

Any questions,comments let's talk,we have about 1 1/2 weeks to see if we can make this happen,that will allow 2+ weeks to get spectators here.

Isn't november 2 months away?

I don't see a problem with a 2wd rig as long as its not a car body or is a vehicle that has 4wd as an option from the factory or something along those lines

i can put a front axle under it but as of right now im seting it up with just the stright bar front. Proablly wont have my front trussed and built by the event time. Turtle let me know if 2wd are allowed (which i dont see why it matters) If so ill be heading that way for the event.:beer:

New to the board...over from Planet Isuzu & Pirate 4x4...this thing has got me intrigued...has #7 been claimed?

Ill be there.........spectating!

I don't have a problem with your jeepspeed build,just didn't want cars to show up,this track 2wd will be fine:beer:

As for blatingly driving off course:lol: now if you accidently slide off and didn't cut off the corners etc...........you'll be good.

There are actually two small 30' long mud pits on site they just need water and churning,I think don't know how to revive dead mud pits:lol:

As for days til race,we have time:popcorn:

Gubni is going to setup paypal on the EastTN4x4 site this week to register for the race.I will make a note to save the numbers for the few who have postedup.

Hey!! I saw the pics. I so badly want to do this :( I wish my funds were better :( I might be able to come up and spectate if I find someone to drive with. I hope this event goes well for you. I guess they're not afriad of our tires messing up their track, huh?

hm...I doubt I will race (since the TJ is my only vehicle...AND I still havent fixed the distributor...)

BUT Id like to spectate...maybe haul my Mountain bike up for the trip and try a lap or 2?

Our tires will do less damage than motorcycle or atv tires,that's for sure.

As for the mountainbike............mmmmmmm.....after the trucks run if there's time.....I don't see an issue if you sign the waiver and wear a helmet......and a pink TooToo:lol:

J/K about the TooToo but it would make good entertainment:popcorn:

Just got paypal set up. For anyone who wants to preregister send $25.00 to admin@easttn4x4.com When it asks what you are paying for choose service. Also include your racer number and screen name with payment. In case more than one person wants the same number we will go with the person who paid first.

Back