Race Mountain City Nov. 22 NEW UPDATES

*bump*:driver:

Motel info is posted in 4th post on 1st page.

We worked on the play ground area this weekend and will post pics after we work on it next saturday,my camera batteries where dead this weekend.

Currently workin on my rig, how many times have you guys run the course already? If I come up friday, will I get a chance to pre run the course like yaw? Thanks

I did it one time a month or two ago,(trucks in pcs in the backyard right now)
Noone else has been on the track,I did it the one time just to see if it was dooable.
Track has changed since then and we will change it some more in the next few weeks.
I made the discision not to run it because it wouldn't be fair to other people.
Not sure on running it friday night,I will have to check with track owners (no EMS on site friday night)and get other racer input.
That is why we are haveing a "quallifing lap" with a trophy for fast time,to allow folks to drive on it, saturday morning about 10am.
After the qualifing lap then numbered starting positions will start the racing.

Cool,I just didn't think it would be fair or sportsman like to pre-run while others couldn't.

We can't video game it just yet:lol:

Here a few pics of the last couple days....
Started on track updates today
Jump 1 before fix you can see the extreme lip
ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u182_turtlemechanic_ractrackpics_beforejump1.jpg

useing the tractor to move dirt around
ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u182_turtlemechanic_ractrackpics_makejump12.jpg

ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u182_turtlemechanic_ractrackpics_makejump11.jpg

ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u182_turtlemechanic_ractrackpics_makejump13.jpg

Then some grooming by hand we ended up with this
ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u182_turtlemechanic_ractrackpics_afterjump1.jpg

We started on the tire mountain last weekend end and this is were we stand with it,we will be adding more big tires next Saturday,by big I mean 8’ dia. 3’+ in ht.
ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u182_turtlemechanic_ractrackpics_tirepile3.jpg

ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u182_turtlemechanic_ractrackpics_tirepile2.jpg

Tractor tires are leaning after we moved them closer,they are resting not in place yet……
Think you can play on these??????
We worked on a log jam type of obstacle, something else for bigger folks to play on.
The starting line
ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u182_turtlemechanic_ractrackpics_obsticlecoursestart.jpg

The ending ( so far, we are hoping for a 16’ x4’diameter log to be delivered)
ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u182_turtlemechanic_ractrackpics_obsticlecourseend.jpg

a side shot
ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u182_turtlemechanic_ractrackpics_obsticlecourseanotherveiw.jpg

We are trying to provide a fun relaxing place tocome and in the future maybe have group get togethers,there is lot's more camping space availible here.
So this is what we’ve been up too,we still have 4 more jumps to fix,so they will be less violent for us,and it’ll help out the atv’s and little motorcross racers since we are changing the backs of the jumps only.

Turtle Mech,
Does the tire mountain and logs belong to the race course? Or is it a side show play area? I am running a pretty stock Amigo...wondering if I am getting in over my head on truck and technical skill.

Does the tire mountain and logs belong to the race course? Or is it a side show play area? I am running a pretty stock Amigo...wondering if I am getting in over my head on truck and technical skill.
Don't worry my Amigo can't do either of them,no matter how fast I hit them

You;ll be fine, the logcourse and tirewall are just side shows.

Don,t worry about the course your stock ifs will be fine:driver:
I am only using my daily driver to show relation of track to rig size.....I am not driving the course.....just want folks to know that.

what do think the max speed will be on the fastest part of the track, trying to decide if I want to run it in 4 low or 4 hi, similar to the rock race @ uwharrie or quite a bit faster? Thanks

I appreciate your "not running the course"...and I appreciate your opinions/information on various aspects of the course like Bronco's question on 4low or 4high. If you lay it out here in front of everybody, we can all benefit.

Thanks for all of the work. We made our reservations at a local B&B...my co-driver demands romance...

Looking good Doug,
Just paid up for both my rigs.
Any rules against one driver running two different rigs, in case my wife changes her mind?
It will be probably between 9 and 10pm before we roll in Friday evening, will that be ok? I assume other folks will be camping too.

what do think the max speed will be on the fastest part of the track, trying to decide if I want to run it in 4 low or 4 hi, similar to the rock race @ uwharrie or quite a bit faster? Thanks

You can decide wether you want to run the course in 4 low or 4 high after you walk the course saturday morning but I would say that unless you are geared really really low 4 high would be your best option.

Come on out friday night,when you see the volunteer fire department slow down and put your left turn signal on,entrance is about 100 yards past it.
You can run whichever or both rigs......don't matter to us.
As for speed it's all relavant to your rig,a V8 can get to speed faster than a 4cy.
I know 35-45 could be had but then you'll be hard on the brakes and then have to power to the next hill/bump etc.
I will probabley run in 4low stock gears w/33"s just like at the URE race 4th gear at 6000rpm is about 45mph.......just alot of shifting,probabley shifted 1000 times this spring:lol:
I need the rpm's to power over the jumps and stuff.......
I'll probabley try 4hi during the qualifiying/practice lap just to see.
This will be fly by wire,nmeaning depending on how many folks we get,we may........may...... be able to run a practice lap before we "qualify"..we'll just have to see.
You can walk the track friday night and saturday morning before the drivers meeting which will be about 9am.

"Racers list updated"

I know this is a dumb question- but I can not enter my H3 because it does not have a roll cage, correct?

I know this is a dumb question- but I can not enter my H3 because it does not have a roll cage, correct?
Pulled from the safety section on page one

* Vehicles will have factory metal hardtop/roof covering driver and co driver or
Vehicle will need roll bar or roll cage.

The more variety of vehicles the better,

Oh it took me a little over 3min a few months ago to do the track,not racing just cruizin'

The fast motobikes do it in 1:45,I told them at the track that sub 2min. times can be done they all called BS so we'll see.:driver:

Back