Random pic thread.

20201206_174502.jpg

What is in the red Tiffany boxes?
My Godfather was a machinist for RJR for 30 yrs. He is 84 yrs old. He's declining at a rapid rate. Dementia is eating him up. Stutters and shakes, and can barely walk. His wife called me over to give me his tools at his request. For all intent and purposes I am his son and he wanted to pass all of his tools down BEFORE he went any further down this path.

I haven't gone thru them all yet but so far....many MANY cool measuring devices

20201206_153910.jpg

Several tool boxes full of goodies..but the best one was this one that's sits on top of my old craftsman now
20201206_172746.jpg

My Godfather was a machinist for RJR for 30 yrs. He is 84 yrs old. He's declining at a rapid rate. Dementia is eating him up. Stutters and shakes, and can barely walk. His wife called me over to give me his tools at his request. For all intent and purposes I am his son and he wanted to pass all of his tools down BEFORE he went any further down this path.

I haven't gone thru them all yet but so far....many MANY cool measuring devices

View attachment 332560

Several tool boxes full of goodies..but the best one was this one that's sits on top of my old craftsman now View attachment 332561
Nice. looks like some micrometers and a dial indicator. The wooden tool chest looks like a Gerstner. Pull out the bottom drawer and look in to see if it is. It will have the logo stamped in it. Gerstner makes quality stuff.

Oh man. I grew up about a mile down the road from Colony shopping center. Rode my bike there all the time. That pharmacy had a grill and soda shop in it when it was built. A few years later there was a grill fire and almost burned the store down. They rebuilt the store but when they did they didn't put the grill back in. That was mid 1970's. 1981 I got my work permit and worked at Mayberry's ice cream shop at the corner. The next year I got a job at the Lock Stock & Barrel at the other corner.

the fact that bottle is from Roses says it all.
you know there are still some roses in business?
Ran into one a couple weeks ago in some shit hole town I dont remember

you know there are still some roses in business?
Ran into one a couple weeks ago in some shit hole town I dont remember
Probably Belmont, NC, haha. Definitely not what most consider a "shit hole town".

Well I'll be damned. I though they all closed up decades ago.

Back