Random pic thread.

a3.bp.blogspot.com__zrjOdQJoSjA_VMI1VUBXyeI_AAAAAAAAo_k_cjHrth95ae8d8b9dbe54be124b91cfe425602c.jpg

There is a lot of stuff going on in that pic. For one...what is up with the front axle shocks that go from hanger to axle?!? That exceeds my previous expectations of fully stupid.

Weekend project... Painted out drives , replaced zincs, and repainted bottom. Interior repairs and cleaning next. Should be moving on to live aboard in the next week.
uploadfromtaptalk1422226688104.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1422226688104.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422226710118.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422226710118.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 420
Yep. I'll be at Mona Black marine at Carolina beach. It was cheap and slip rent is cheap, so I can see if I'm gonna really like it.

Lived on our boat at Wrightsville Beach for a while when I was in college back in the early 80's. Wouldn't trade the experience for anything, and wouldn't do it again.

Why wouldn't you do it again?

It wasn't bad, but...

Small space ... humidity ... no a/c. Hot in summer, cold in winter. Long walk to the shower and bathroom. Only 1 or 2 other live aboards there at the time (Seapath), so it was pretty quiet during the week and off-season. No nice wide double/queen/king for um...entertaining.

I lived on a similar-sized boat...28' John Allmand. On this page...it was the "Hardtop Express" with interior plan C. http://www.allmandboats.com/history/28/Image20.jpg.html

I spent a lot of time with friends on a Hatteras 70, and a gulfstar 60' sailboat....world of difference in space and livability.

I got too much stuff to fit on a barge now...could never do it again.

It wasn't bad, but...

Small space ... humidity ... no a/c. Hot in summer, cold in winter. Long walk to the shower and bathroom. Only 1 or 2 other live aboards there at the time (Seapath), so it was pretty quiet during the week and off-season. No nice wide double/queen/king for um...entertaining.

I lived on a similar-sized boat...28' John Allmand. On this page...it was the "Hardtop Express" with interior plan C. http://www.allmandboats.com/history/28/Image20.jpg.html

I spent a lot of time with friends on a Hatteras 70, and a gulfstar 60' sailboat....world of difference in space and livability.

I got too much stuff to fit on a barge now...could never do it again.
Yeah this is small, but have a/c and heat. And a bathroom with a shower if I need to use it. Humidity is my next battle. I have three 'beds', and the main bed is larger than I thought. I'm not a big guy and usually stick with smallish ladies to entertain.

My plan is to upgrade if I really like it. I really like the 32-36 foot sport fishers that have the sliding glass door and the big fly bridge. But that's when I like it enough to spend 25-30k on a boat.

This happened today. Pretty fun hanging out at the marine all weekend.
uploadfromtaptalk1422323568070.jpg

aimages.viralnova.com_000_110_775_desktop_1422056527.jpg

Back