Random pic thread.

Chateau Honkey lives on.
Tree was 45" diameter. Took out 2 other oaks, a poplar, hemlock and a white pine. Tree company did a great job. We're happy with the work.
You could buy a couple Atlas cases for what it cost. But really all that matters is no major damage to the crib.
PXL_20210616_001238612.jpg
PXL_20210616_001231154.jpg
PXL_20210616_001300109.jpg

jealous of both of these pics. after planting twice, i havent had a single corn stalk come up. Planted small blueberries this spring, and the rabbits took care of all their leaves for me.
Rabbits can decimate plants in a single night. You will have to put wire around them and into the ground a little to keep them out until the bushes are a couple of years old.

I wonder why your corn didn’t germinate? Was the seed old perhaps?

I used a variety called Kandy Korn from Southern States. It seemed to have a red coating on it that I assume is something to help it germinate.

Rabbits can decimate plants in a single night. You will have to put wire around them and into the ground a little to keep them out until the bushes are a couple of years old.

I wonder why your corn didn’t germinate? Was the seed old perhaps?

I used a variety called Kandy Korn from Southern States. It seemed to have a red coating on it that I assume is something to help it germinate.

That is the exact same seed that I used. Purchased it this spring. I put a thick layer of compost down on my garden this spring to try and help with the poor soil. I am wondering if the seed just didnt stay wet enough. The first time around, I sowed and it was dry for the next few weeks. So I put more in, and have been watering. When i planted the 2nd time, i "unearthed" seeds from the first time, still looked like the day i put them in the ground.

Everything else came up, but the corn. Sunflowers came up right next to where one row of corn was.

I will give it another week or 2, and then I will likely put some carrots in the ground in that section.

That is the exact same seed that I used. Purchased it this spring. I put a thick layer of compost down on my garden this spring to try and help with the poor soil. I am wondering if the seed just didnt stay wet enough. The first time around, I sowed and it was dry for the next few weeks. So I put more in, and have been watering. When i planted the 2nd time, i "unearthed" seeds from the first time, still looked like the day i put them in the ground.

Everything else came up, but the corn. Sunflowers came up right next to where one row of corn was.

I will give it another week or 2, and then I will likely put some carrots in the ground in that section.
That is really strange!

I have heard of people soaking seed corn before planting though I didn’t do that.

Our soil isn’t super either but I will be amending it this winter. This was the first year we gardened here as we moved full time in Feb.

I didn’t irrigate the garden but one time because we have had decent to heavy rain. I have put 10-10-10 on it once and will again before the rain this weekend coming in

Let's see what the dark side has to offer...

20210616_092634.jpg

20210616_094436.jpg

Be interested in burning some on that machine to see if it has changed from my older Ranger.

I aim to burn a few myself today or tomorrow. Been too long since I've stick welded, especially since that's almost all we use out here.

Back