Random pic thread.

YotaOnRocks

Do you happen to know what the hell kind of tree it is?
No, mine seem to all be regrowth from previously harvested tree stumps. You can see one to the left in this picture. My flatlands are riddled with them.
0324211921c_HDR.jpg

89wrangler

Not a new member
I think I saw it's Cousin! Same color, but hard to tell in the picture.
I did not realize they put a Hemi in the Satellite, but after some research, it was a real HP2 Hemi car. This one happen to have Keith Black goodies in it as well.
I, Tought, I was close enough to get a clear picture. It's a replica [assume] of Cale Yarborough's #21 Mercury Cyclone!
See if anyone else recognizes this spot.
I think that is the same one that used to set under a car port in Shelby as you were coming in to town from the west on 74.

ghost

Cut it off level with the ground, drill a few holes in the stump and pour straight roundup or 24D in the hole. Otherwise it’ll keep coming back.
I was actually thinking of dousing it with diesel and setting it on fire. Any idea what kind of tree it is?

ponykilr

Corn Squeezins 🌽
I was actually thinking of dousing it with diesel and setting it on fire. Any idea what kind of tree it is?
Not specifically without seeing leaves but there are several clumping trees like that and they all are hell to eradicate. When I clean up rental properties that are let go a while those seem to grow up around structures and under foundations.

I have treated hundreds like I described and it always kills em. I have dug some up and they will often come back because of a missed root.

JSJJ388

GREEN GREMLIN
New fluffys

20210619_123247.jpg

jeepinmatt

At least half the people are dumber than the rest
Raising em right!
20210620_112929.jpg

JSJJ388

GREEN GREMLIN
Mama hatched out 6 week first of last week. It's so much easier when they do it and you don't have to mess with them. Unfortunately they're not as tame as the ones you raise yourself tho.View attachment 349976

Well, we had 2 broody hens so I pit 2 under each. Woke up this morning to 1 hen having 3 and the other none. Chick 4 is MIA. No trace.

So we moved the other broody to the isolation coop for a fee days.

jeepinmatt

Visited some of the wife's relatives up in Boone this afternoon. They bought a really cool place with a couple old waterwheels and a beautiful creek. The water wheels used to make power and are still super smooth and can be turned by hand.

This one is probably over 30ft tall.
20210620_150650.jpg

And this one is nearly 10ft.(maybe more, :flipoff2: haters)
20210620_154856.jpg
20210620_144150.jpg
20210620_162200.jpg

tlucier

JSJJ388

GREEN GREMLIN
Amazon knows what's up.

Screenshot_20210621-093523_Facebook.jpg

ghost

Visited some of the wife's relatives up in Boone this afternoon. They bought a really cool place with a couple old waterwheels and a beautiful creek. The water wheels used to make power and are still super smooth and can be turned by hand.

This one is probably over 30ft tall.
View attachment 350087

And this one is nearly 10ft.(maybe more, :flipoff2: haters)
View attachment 350088View attachment 350089View attachment 350091
My grandfather had a stainless steel water wheel built to power a generator. Then he proceeded to mount it with no bearing on the shaft. It would only move a space or two every so often. He was a smart man but some times didn't think things through....

jeepinmatt

My grandfather had a stainless steel water wheel built to power a generator. Then he proceeded to mount it with no bearing on the shaft. It would only move a space or two every so often. He was a smart man but some times didn't think things through....
They have the opposite problem. Bearings are awesome, but the wheel was mild steel so most of the buckets are filled with dozens of holes.

Last edited:

paradisePWoffrd

Recovering Project Junkie
The have the opposite problem. Bearings are awesome, but the wheel was mild steel so most of the buckets are filled with dozens of holes.
Paint the buckets with black jack. I would be very tempted to get the gennys back running if the water source was still close by.