Random pic thread.

1632827517488.png

@willness33 had a white oak that was itching to hop onto the sawmill, but probably even too heavy for Brian Shaw or Hafthor to pick up one end. Decided today was the day.
View attachment 358058View attachment 358059

This sucker drew apart more than any log I've ever seen. Had almost a 2" gap when we got to the other end, and made a heck of a pop when the tension released!
View attachment 358060View attachment 358061

This 5x9" chunk came home with me to eventually be turned into a mantle for my fireplace.
View attachment 358062
Anybody else need one?
So much want in this post. Especially that mill 🤤

You don't have close cab track skid steer you want to sell do ya?
Braxton sell,...anything?

You are new here aint ya?

Picked up the cylinders for my excavator that I dropped off before going on vacation. The seal kit for the factory one and all my tools are packed away so I had to pay the man. It wasn't terrible at around $350.

The thumb cylinder cost me $1050 for the rebuild, new pin, and new hoses. My butt hurts now.
0929210818_HDR.jpg

The thumb cylinder cost me $1050 for the rebuild, new pin, and new hoses. My butt hurts now.
Did you check price on a new one? That is ridiculous. (I know, hindsight, right?)

Did you check price on a new one? That is ridiculous. (I know, hindsight, right?)
For the werk brau thumb on the Komatsu its a custom cylinder with no labeling at all. The options were take it apart, hope you can find the seals and don't lose motivation or pay the man and order through them, the one seal kit cost more than all of the other seal kits on the machine combined.

And after all that, turned out it was just the fitting above the thumb cylinder that was leaking.

Couldn't find a comparable cylinder through a few evenings of internet searching. I would have looked a little harder had I known it would end up that pricey but as long as it works I guess the pain of paying will lessen before too long. They had to rechrome the shaft, bore and rebush the end and some other things that I wasn't expecting.

So does that meant to avoid German machines?
Just know what you are getting into. I've worked for 2 Germany companies. I am on my 5th German car (damn, didn't realize it had been that many). When everything works like it should, they are great. But they have a way of overcomplicating everything so that when something goes wrong, it is difficult and expensive to fix.

Just know what you are getting into. I've worked for 2 Germany companies. I am on my 5th German car (damn, didn't realize it had been that many). When everything works like it should, they are great. But they have a way of overcomplicating everything so that when something goes wrong, it is difficult and expensive to fix.
I've had a couple Mercedes and VW's. Always took them to qualified mechanics. So I know about the over complicated and expensive to fix. My son loved his 98 300D, me not so much.

But they have a way of overcomplicating everything so that when something goes wrong, it is difficult and expensive to fix.

Ha, good timing (pun intended). I spent most of the day putting a timing belt, tensioner, and water pump on the Jetta. You know, the one that has the motor mount in the center of the belt, so you have to support the motor and remove the motor mount...... 🤬

Back