Random pic thread.

Full moon and snow. Dang. This is how bright is actually is right now.
20220117_215908.jpg

And this was earlier as it was coming up (but still full dark out)
20220117_182641.jpg

good thing is the tread was about done, not a new tire.
I just found out this morning that the 285/75/16 Cavalry MT may be discontinued. Its out of stock everywhere I've looked. So much for buying an exact replacement.

Picked our pigs from the butcher today. This is one of our “packages”. We got this X 3. Today. It’s nice to finally get pigs processed and off the farm! View attachment 365428
Good ol Flowers. Carried a bunch of deer up there over the years. I always like watching their guys clean a deer. What takes me 2 hrs takes them 20 mins.

Good ol Flowers. Carried a bunch of deer up there over the years. I always like watching their guys clean a deer. What takes me 2 hrs takes them 20 mins.
They do us really well. I’ll be excited once he gets his stuff setup to do actual bacon and to season hams and roasts. As of right now all our cut meats are natural and pork belly slabs to cut “your choice” for bacon. He does offer a good “hot” sausage though.

From the Dragstrip >

1972 Buick GSX Drag Races 1971 AMC Javelin: Video​

• We are currently looking for experienced automotive journalists and editors to join our team. Make $60k-$80k per year doing what you love. We are also looking for an experienced web developer. See details here.

1972-Buick-GSX-Drag-Races-1971-AMC-Javelin-Cars-And-Zebras-video-001-720x340.jpeg

Sponsored Links​

We’re taking it back to the the final years of the muscle car golden age with this one, pitting a 1972 Buick GSX against a 1971 AMC Javelin in a heads-up drag race.
The video once again comes to us from the Cars And Zebras YouTube channel, and clocks in at a relatively short 4 minutes, 24 seconds. Part of that is due to the fact that unlike several videos featured previously, this one doesn’t incorporate the usual C&Z humor, and instead keeps it all business with specs, stats, and racing.

Speaking of which, let’s take a look at what these two drag racers have to offer, starting with the 1971 AMC Javelin. Providing the muscle is here is a 401 cubic-inch V8 with thin-wall casting and high-nickel-content metal, which reduces the engine weight considerably. At just 540 pounds, the 401 is actually lighter than a Small Block Chevy with a cast-iron intake. The 401 also comes equipped with a forged crank and rods, a four-barrel carb, and dual exhaust. The compression ratio is rated at 9.5:1, while peak output comes to 330 horsepower at 5,000 rpm and 430 pound-feet of torque at 3,400 rpm. All of it is sent to the rear through a three-speed automatic transmission, feeding a set of 3.73 gears. Vehicle weight with driver is estimated at a relatively low 3,566 pounds.

Sounds like a potent combo, but the Buick is no slouch either. This particular 1972 Buick GSX is also quire rare, representing one of 22 units produced in this particular configuration and model year. Making the go is a 455 cubic-inch Stage 1 V8, rated at 270 horsepower at 4,400 rpm and 390 pound-feet of torque at 3,000 rpm. The compression ratio is 8.5:1, while a three-speed automatic transmission with 3.90 gears puts it down. This Buick GSX is also pretty heavy, tipping the scales at 4,254 pounds with the driver onboard.
Hit play to see which of these machines walks away the winner:

Subscribe to GM Authority for more Buick news and around-the-clock GM news coverage.

To the Duke of Hazard theme song!

Chevy Impala Hits Highway Overpass, Goes Airborne: Video​

• We are currently looking for experienced automotive journalists and editors to join our team. Make $60k-$80k per year doing what you love. We are also looking for an experienced web developer. See details here.

Chevy-Impala-Crash-Video-001-720x340.jpg

Sponsored Links​

A wild video showing a tenth-generation Chevy Impala catching air after hitting a highway overpass at a high rate of speed has gone viral online.
According to NBC affiliate Wood TV, this crash happened along US-131 in Dorr Township, Michigan just after 2 p.m. last Thursday. Witnesses reported seeing a Chevy Impala travelling at a high rate of speed before it left the road, drove up a dirt embankment and launched into the air. The car ended up clearing the overpass completely before landing on another dirt embankment between the highway and an on-ramp, striking a road sign.

Witness Mike Rodriguez told Wood TV he looked up when he was exiting the highway and was surprised to see the blue-colored Chevy soaring through the air.
“As I was exiting coming up to the stop sign, I heard a thump, and I just happened to look up to my left and I saw the car flying over the bridge to the other side of the road,” Rodriguez said.
Witnesses approached the vehicle and saw the 25-year old male driver climbing out of the back window. While the driver had a large cut on his head, his injuries are considered non-life-threatening.
“How he walked away from this… and survived it. I mean, somebody was definitely watching out over him,” Rodriguez added.
Michigan State Police suspected the 25-year old was driving under the influence and took him to the hospital to have a blood test performed. The person’s name has not yet been released as he has yet to be charged with a crime. Wood TV reports the driver has previous convictions for driving under the influence, along with a felony drug offence and fleeing police. He also had his license suspended last March.
Check out the video of the crash embedded below.
Car jumps over highway exit Dorr, Michigan

Subscribe to GM Authority for more Chevy Impala news, Chevy news, and around-the-clock GM news coverage.
  • Sweepstakes Of The Month: Win a 2022 Corvette C8.R IMSA GTLM Championship Edition. Details here.

Back