Random pic thread.

Looks like the skidsteer is protecting mama's SUV!
That's actually the climber's car. I figure he won't hit it with anything big enough to hurt the skidsteer :D

Picked up new machine today
20220405_180312.jpg

What did you think of it? This one seems in pretty good shape
I liked it,It was open canopy so it was a lil chilly on a fall morning but just right by late afternoon.I ran one for about a month on a big dirt haul.He had a 41 dozer too,didnt like it as much.

This one is going to be a challenge. It's for the town, and luckily they are willing to tear up the sidewalk so I can grind the stumps, then re pour it. It's all cracked up anyway so I figured that would be the way to go. Also need to build a wall of some sort to keep debris from flying into the road while I'm working. I have a few sheets of plywood that would probably work.

Attachments

• IMG_20220407_143105234_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220407_143105234_HDR.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_20220407_143112941_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220407_143112941_HDR.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 119
This one is going to be a challenge. It's for the town, and luckily they are willing to tear up the sidewalk so I can grind the stumps, then re pour it. It's all cracked up anyway so I figured that would be the way to go. Also need to build a wall of some sort to keep debris from flying into the road while I'm working. I have a few sheets of plywood that would probably work.
You don't want it to end up looking like this one I did a couple weeks ago.
20220327_161437.jpg

It was a 3ft maple and the stump was surrounded by landscaping, so i couldnt flush cut low enough. Had to start grinding about 1.5ft above ground level. I've never done that with a big stump and it made a hell of a mess. Fortunately the homeowner was planning to redo the whole yard and said just leave it. I still did a cursory rake and hauled most of it off. About 1.5 truckloads of grindings by the time I got done chasing all the big roots.

Good lord. What kind of stump grinder did you use? Mine doesn't make a mess nowhere near that big.
Skidsteer mounted. I will be adding some rubber flappy deflectors before doing that again. It is about a 24" diameter wheel and keeps everything low and nearby as long as you start within a couple inches of the ground. But up high it sends grindings everywhere!

Last time I used my 2006 Kaufman flatbed was 3 months ago, and I was pushing 10k gross weight.

Went to hook it up today, and the hitch just didn't look like it was sitting right when I walked up.

5/8 Grade 8 broke off, right where the threads start. The other half is on the road between here and Tennessee.

20220408_134355.jpg

20220408_134400.jpg
20220408_134432.jpg

I think this is the biggest sailboat I’ve ever seen in person.

View attachment 370432
Repost!

In Beaufort this weekend for a wedding and the first thing I noticed yesterday was a huge sailing mast towering above the buildings along the waterfront. Google-fu says it's owned by the family that owns Hyundai.

Back