Random pic thread.

What did you do to get that radius on the tread plate?
I smell custom round upper die on a press brake, air bending over a large gap bottom die.
I cannot take credit for the plate fab. He ordered it from a company in Canada.
But I believe you are correct. What was wild to me was little to no marking on the plate. No deformation. If I had a guess it's a custom round nose punch with large radius corners on the bed. Most likely air bending with no bottom contact for any coining.

My brain imagines a very large radius punch but independent folding faces up acting and folding to form around it......but I've been known to dream in the complicated.

Y'all know you can contact Amazon customer support to report the damages and they have a claim processor? They also have a place in your account where you can leave instructions for the deliveries... it only took us like 4 'events' to get most of them (amzn drivers, other services are no problem) to follow our directions.

I cannot take credit for the plate fab. He ordered it from a company in Canada.
But I believe you are correct. What was wild to me was little to no marking on the plate. No deformation. If I had a guess it's a custom round nose punch with large radius corners on the bed. Most likely air bending with no bottom contact for any coining.

My brain imagines a very large radius punch but independent folding faces up acting and folding to form around it......but I've been known to dream in the complicated.
I'd love to see the machine they used. That looks to be around a 1.5-2" radius. There are roller machines out there that can do it. We don't have one at work that can roll that tight though. Max of 5" is our cutoff.
Speaking of: I built these fenders last week to go on the Moon river exhibit at the SC state museum. .188 Al, rolled and press formed in house and powder coated wrinkle red. This was a brutal task, but they love em. No, they're not perfect and that bugs me as a fabricator. But again, these were brutal. Building these did earn me free admission passes for life, so no complaints from me.
6756.jpeg

Back