Random pic thread.

24' piece of steel through a 12' door. Challenge accepted đź‘Ť

IMG_20220712_162253371_HDR.jpg

Holy hell we had a serious storm blow through here. One of those deals of absolute hell for about 30 minutes. Serious hail and wind etc.
Trees down all over the place, most of the county has no power.
There isn't a house in our neighborhood without a tree of some kind down.
1657675342925.png

1657675389893.png

Finally got around to fixin the cord on my "new” shop fan I bought last fall at an estate sale.Nothing like a 70’s model Sears window fan.Safety be damned we’re gonna cool this mother off.Two speed 1/8 hp motor and a steel blade… yeah baby.
584ADC58-8BA6-48A3-AFF7-94DFB82D4FB3.jpeg
2BEEE6E0-56F6-4EFD-87E9-4D0F2E6C941D.jpeg
9EE170C4-09E0-4071-A8B4-9E59FE9B2D17.jpeg
CC415EDF-E9B0-4FC5-B892-8D5D9B8F4892.jpeg

Last edited:
Man -
you of all people will appreciate this.
It hides in plain site right behind the church at the end of the road. Hundreds drive by daily and never look at it.

View attachment 376579

View attachment 376578
The coolest part is how the metal never rust. True wrought iron is self preserving. The metallurgical part of that is pretty fascinating to me.

Last edited:
so the question is, are they choosing to protect the folks on the outside or the inside?
Protection? That's not protection. That's the anti-bird-veggimatic 3000 prevention system

Tried a new place in near Pineville for lunch today. What the Fries. Ordered online, was ready in less than 10 minutes, and is friggin delicious.
1657734770632.png

Not sure if @No fries would approve though :D

Tried a new place in near Pineville for lunch today. What the Fries. Ordered online, was ready in less than 10 minutes, and is friggin delicious.
View attachment 376689

Not sure if @No fries would approve though :D
Man thats abuse to a starving fat boy
I could take the ice cream but thats a bridge too far

Come on up, I'll go there again tomorrow :D

Alongside my broken fridge/freezer post in the suck ass thread.... I was at my parents house last night discussing where to get parts for it, and dad says "let me see if I have the manual in the drawer here" takes 2 steps away from his chair at the kitchen table, and pulls out the manual and everything else in less than 10 seconds :laughing:
1657739841623.png

A Kenmore 22cuft side by side Refrigerator WITH ICEMAKER! was about a grand back then. Same thing probably ain't much more now. Of course the new one won't last 36 years. :(

Last edited:
Alongside my broken fridge/freezer post in the suck ass thread.... I was at my parents house last night discussing where to get parts for it, and dad says "let me see if I have the manual in the drawer here" takes 2 steps away from his chair at the kitchen table, and pulls out the manual and everything else in less than 10 seconds :laughing:
View attachment 376699

A Kenmore 22cuft side by side Refrigerator WITH ICEMAKER! was about a grand back then. Same thing probably ain't much more now. Of course the new one won't last 36 years. :(
But... inflation.

Man, that could have been waaaay worse!

Yes it could have. There is probably another 15 ft of tree behind where I was standing to take the pic, and it could have easily messed up a bunch of stuff. It was a dying tree, but it has been dying for the 12 years I've been on the property with not so much as a limb falling out. Guess last night it just said "meh whatever."

Duane

I'm down for trying it. Never been there. We do typically go to Mr Tokyo once a week for Sushi in Pineville.

Back