Random pic thread.

What the heck is that thing on the back of your house? Looks like a Turbo with a gutter pipe.
It pretty much is :laughing:
Its a radon abatement system. We have high radon in the soil here, so when we bought the house, we were required by the bank to have installed. They drill a hole in the foundation, connect a PVC pipe to it, add an inline fan to suck it out and blow up above the house. That "turbo" is the fan.

its the dumbest doondoggle BS thing ever.

And the POS installers literally just left it as an open pipe up top, no cover, screen or anything. "Oh its always blowing out, so nothing will ever go in." Except... when there's a storm and you lose power. Which is exactly when its most likely to have shit falling down the pipe and building up on that fan.
I added a screen and cover. Which reminds me, need to check that its still there...

How bout a slow chase with no shots fired. First 10 minutes pretty much cover it, but the last 5 minutes, is a different video of a batty woman. lol
Chevy Cruze Involved In Very Short Police Chase: Video
Chevrolet-Cruze-police-chase-video-July-2022-002-297x140.jpeg

20220713_094256.jpg

My son bought a rock tumbler when he went g mining. The good looking ones came with it. The "topans" were found while mining. 4 weeks of tumbling and I'll be ready to put the cystals in the time machine so I can go back and win state.

Interesting story. Sat next to a guy and had a nice conversation as the concert went along. Floyd Council Jr....grew up here. You think you've never heard of his dad, Floyd Council Sr.? Bet you have. He was a blues musician. The band Pink Floyd got their name by combining the given names of Floyd Council and Pink Anderson, another noted blues musician.

The city is fixing to do a mural dedicated to Floyd Council (with a minor nod to Pink Anderson). If you are from around here, it'll be on the back side of the city parking lot that's across from Temple Theatre.

Alongside my broken fridge/freezer post in the suck ass thread.... I was at my parents house last night discussing where to get parts for it, and dad says "let me see if I have the manual in the drawer here" takes 2 steps away from his chair at the kitchen table, and pulls out the manual and everything else in less than 10 seconds :laughing:
View attachment 376699

A Kenmore 22cuft side by side Refrigerator WITH ICEMAKER! was about a grand back then. Same thing probably ain't much more now. Of course the new one won't last 36 years. :(
I can do that with most anything meaningful that I own.

35yr old deck(14'x20') that never saw an ounce of maintenance or repair. I'm doing the tear-down myself. The new deck will have Trex, electrical to the underside, and upgraded joists to eliminate the middle posts. The plan will be to waterproof the underside of the deck for additional parking/play area for the girls. Plan is to start building 8/1 so I have to have this entire thing gone by then. I've worked on it for about 4 hours and have all the railings down plus a few deck boards. My plan is rip all the deckboards off, then pull all the joists, then its just the posts and the sistered 2x8s.

Half the top rails were rotted away, I can pull some nails out by hand. It's a mess. Should be a fun project.

1657887584553.png

35yr old deck(14'x20') that never saw an ounce of maintenance or repair. I'm doing the tear-down myself. The new deck will have Trex, electrical to the underside, and upgraded joists to eliminate the middle posts. The plan will be to waterproof the underside of the deck for additional parking/play area for the girls. Plan is to start building 8/1 so I have to have this entire thing gone by then. I've worked on it for about 4 hours and have all the railings down plus a few deck boards. My plan is rip all the deckboards off, then pull all the joists, then its just the posts and the sistered 2x8s.

Half the top rails were rotted away, I can pull some nails out by hand. It's a mess. Should be a fun project.

View attachment 376767
You could enclose that and have a nice little shop.

It pretty much is :laughing:
Its a radon abatement system. We have high radon in the soil here, so when we bought the house, we were required by the bank to have installed. They drill a hole in the foundation, connect a PVC pipe to it, add an inline fan to suck it out and blow up above the house. That "turbo" is the fan.

its the dumbest doondoggle BS thing ever.

And the POS installers literally just left it as an open pipe up top, no cover, screen or anything. "Oh its always blowing out, so nothing will ever go in." Except... when there's a storm and you lose power. Which is exactly when its most likely to have shit falling down the pipe and building up on that fan.
I added a screen and cover. Which reminds me, need to check that its still there...
Stick a 180* on top of it.

Stick a 180* on top of it.
Thats a good idea. I already put a screen and a hat over it, but since it is literally just PVC gutter material thats easy too.
I just find it baffling they just leave it open like that.

View attachment 376767
Going to extend it to the end of the concrete?

Back