Random pic thread.

Ran across this gem from a few years back

JT.jpeg

I wonder what that beast would cost in today's dollars.
I got quotes on an 8 meter VTL with 9 meter (30ft!) swing back in 2013ish and they ranged from $7 million up to about $18 million depending on options. So that has probably doubled by now.

I don't even know what I'm looking at and I'm still impressed 😂 What do they even do, how do they work, and what is typically made on one of those?

Mr. “Craps on Everything” is hanging out this morning. Great blue heron that lives in the cove. Dude drops bombs all over the dock and boat. Straight puddles. He pretty much ruined one of my bimini tops after dropping dooks on two separate occasions. It’s stained white now. Hoping one of the eagles around here will scoop him up and fly away.
IMG_0814.jpeg

Mr. “Craps on Everything” is hanging out this morning. Great blue heron that lives in the cove. Dude drops bombs all over the dock and boat. Straight puddles. He pretty much ruined one of my bimini tops after dropping dooks on two separate occasions. It’s stained white now. Hoping one of the eagles around here will scoop him up and fly away.
View attachment 396185
Bottle rockets.
My boss lives on the lake. Couple years ago an osprey nested on his chimney and nothing he could do about it legally.
The next year when the osprey came back to make a new nest, he worked from home for a week, watching the osprey and when it would approach his chimney, bottle rockets. It eventually nested on his neighbors house, but was no longer his problem. I remember being on a Teams call with him and he saying “i’ll be right back” and then hearing bottle rockets screaming as they took flight!

What is that and what did it do?
It's a giant vertical lathe. That large of a table, and that short of clearance was probably used for hydroelectric power plant equipment.

Back