Random pic thread.

It's a giant vertical lathe. That large of a table, and that short of clearance was probably used for hydroelectric power plant equipment.
Ok I thought the top looked like a lathe. So the truck and cars are there for scale?

Ok I thought the top looked like a lathe. So the truck and cars are there for scale?
Most likely. But its also possible that they were gonna have 3 guys get in the vehicles, and try to match the table speed as the operator spun it up. That's what I'd do! :D

And whats really trippy if you think about it, is that an object moving with the table would experience tremendous centrifugal forces, but a car staying stationary and matching the table speed would experience none of that.

20230427_183520.jpg
20230427_180325.jpg
20230427_183931.jpg

Bottle rockets.
My boss lives on the lake. Couple years ago an osprey nested on his chimney and nothing he could do about it legally.
The next year when the osprey came back to make a new nest, he worked from home for a week, watching the osprey and when it would approach his chimney, bottle rockets. It eventually nested on his neighbors house, but was no longer his problem. I remember being on a Teams call with him and he saying “i’ll be right back” and then hearing bottle rockets screaming as they took flight!
Thought about getting one of those fake owls. Bottle rockets sound like a lot more fun. Although, one neighbor that’s two houses up is a retired civil rights lawyer from D.C. He’s a transplant. I feel the bottle rockets might bring him out of retirement.

Thought about getting one of those fake owls. Bottle rockets sound like a lot more fun. Although, one neighbor that’s two houses up is a retired civil rights lawyer from D.C. He’s a transplant. I feel the bottle rockets might bring him out of retirement.
pvc pipe and some bottle rockets got this teenager in some trouble. Bout 36 inches of 1/2 inch ups the accuracy tremendously, ;):D

Mr. “Craps on Everything” is hanging out this morning. Great blue heron that lives in the cove. Dude drops bombs all over the dock and boat. Straight puddles. He pretty much ruined one of my bimini tops after dropping dooks on two separate occasions. It’s stained white now. Hoping one of the eagles around here will scoop him up and fly away.
View attachment 396185
Gamo 6110068754 Swarm Whisper Air Rifle.177 Caliber,Black Amazon product ASIN B07PJFCDTK

I have an older version and out to about 100 yards, it is a real tack driver for what it is.

I have one from like 2015 and I can knock squirrels off the limb at 75 yards with it. Keep it out in the shop for any pests that show up, 2 legged or 4 legged.

Turn 60 in a couple of months, so decided to join the e-bike world. This thing is a crapload of fun... Test drove a bunch of bikes from 2k to 8k. Kept coming back to this one to fit my needs best. Aventon Aventure.2.

20230428_133414.jpg

Yep, it's a step-thru...I have done too much stupid stuff to just swing a leg over a bike easily now.

Turn 60 in a couple of months, so decided to join the e-bike world. This thing is a crapload of fun... Test drove a bunch of bikes from 2k to 8k. Kept coming back to this one to fit my needs best. Aventon Aventure.2.

View attachment 396224

Yep, it's a step-thru...I have done too much stupid stuff to just swing a leg over a bike easily now.
If I had a do over, I would have gotten a step through as well! I have to pay close attention when getting off so I don't end up on the ground.......again.

Back