Random pic thread.

When we built our first house in 2002, the contractor did our driveway....double wide, 60 long, WWM over gravel base. Joints cut every 10', etc.

My mexican neighbor had a concrete business, so he poured his own driveway. Every piece of scrap metal you could imagine was laid down....refridgerator shelves, chain-link fencing, etc.

20 years later when we left...my drive had cracks halfway between all the cut joints. His was still perfectly intact.
I have chain link fence in my garage floor.

When we built our first house in 2002, the contractor did our driveway....double wide, 60 long, WWM over gravel base. Joints cut every 10', etc.

My mexican neighbor had a concrete business, so he poured his own driveway. Every piece of scrap metal you could imagine was laid down....refridgerator shelves, chain-link fencing, etc.

20 years later when we left...my drive had cracks halfway between all the cut joints. His was still perfectly intact.
Not sure about how that would all work for a driveway (refrigerator shelves???) but for a lift mount in that pic I posted, the potential for those motor blocks to not fill in with cement would scare the hell out of me. I try to do stuff right and it falls down, stuff like that picture will probably last forever no problem. Sigh.......

There’s a mountain, or really big hill, with towers you can see from Hwy 16 between Newton and Denver. I decided to ride up there today. I was hoping for a better view. Was disappointed.
IMG_6260.jpeg

I must say, I appreciate Fedex's honesty on this:
1689359814525.png

Not so sure I'd want to do this for a few reasons but interesting filler.....

View attachment 400464
Job sites are like time capsules. Dudes put stuff everywhere. Mountain Dew bottles in the wall, 35 cigarette butts in any hole that’s dug, beer cans in the fill dirt, you name it, they’ll put it somewhere. I’ve found all sorts of stuff busting up parking lot asphalt for ATM installs.

Job sites are like time capsules. Dudes put stuff everywhere. Mountain Dew bottles in the wall, 35 cigarette butts in any hole that’s dug, beer cans in the fill dirt, you name it, they’ll put it somewhere. I’ve found all sorts of stuff busting up parking lot asphalt for ATM installs.
Beer cans in church walls. I've also found beer cans in hospitals above ceiling grid.

Not sure about how that would all work for a driveway (refrigerator shelves???) but for a lift mount in that pic I posted, the potential for those motor blocks to not fill in with cement would scare the hell out of me. I try to do stuff right and it falls down, stuff like that picture will probably last forever no problem. Sigh.......
But they're not under the lift so it doesn't matter. The concrete will get all around them so they'll be there forever. Rebar can cover a lot of sins with concrete

Not sure about how that would all work for a driveway (refrigerator shelves???)

Go back a few years....wire shelves, not glass. :)

Goal for this fall and winter...make enough money so I can sit my ass in the A/C next summer. This heat sucks!
View attachment 400473
My desire for work tapers off around the beginning of June, and my prices go up accordingly. Then towards the end of September I start to feel motivated again, haha.

My desire for work tapers off around the beginning of June, and my prices go up accordingly. Then towards the end of September I start to feel motivated again, haha.
I know a market gardener in Raleigh who basically does the same thing. He grows veggies in his high tunnels all fall, winter and spring, and takes the summer off while his kids are out of school. Most of his customers are restaurants, but not sure how he keeps them.

I was working today and very busy and no time to check my texts/calls. The wife works from home left me message that said the power went out the storms so I didn't I response. The power came back after 45 mins.
This was the problem......View attachment 400487View attachment 400489
I've seen squirrels run across the rd. on the 2 wire but I wonder why a squirrel would run around in a bad storm ?View attachment 400490he looks tired, must have used too much electricity, he couldn't keep turning that squirrel cage fast enough. Poor gyy.

I was working today and very busy and no time to check my texts/calls. The wife works from home left me message that said the power went out the storms so I didn't I response. The power came back after 45 mins.
This was the problem......View attachment 400487View attachment 400489
I've seen squirrels run across the rd. on the 2 wire but I wonder why a squirrel would run around in a bad storm ?View attachment 400490
Growing up in the fall time /early winter we would always have evening flickers cause the squirrels were hanging out on the transformers for heat and getting zapped.

Back