Random pic thread.

Let’s try this 43 sx flavor out…

Attachments

• IMG_5347.jpeg
    IMG_5347.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 58
Something for 15” rim. No bigger that 31”. I was thinking of looking around for some 235/75 15.
I'll check and see if I have 4 in the same ball park size that look decent.

Think he is over weight?
Truck is rated for max of 15k towing, If it were a dually, it would be 21k for bumper pull. But gooseneck is 31k+, even for an SRW :eek:

Truck 8k, machine is about 23k, trailer about 6k, and plate compactor 1k, so 38k total. I'm sure he's got a CDL and is tagged for it, and we just can't see the ghostgoose.

Truck is rated for max of 15k towing, If it were a dually, it would be 21k for bumper pull. But gooseneck is 31k+, even for an SRW :eek:

Truck 8k, machine is about 23k, trailer about 6k, and plate compactor 1k, so 38k total. I'm sure he's got a CDL and is tagged for it, and we just can't see the ghostgoose.
I was trying to figure out which cat that was but I know it isn't a mini excavator!

I was trying to figure out which cat that was but I know it isn't a mini excavator!
Looks like it says 310F in the pic.

How? To blurry for me to tell anything other than it's much bigger than the one I pulled.
🤷‍♂️ I'm not super sure either, thats just what it looks like :D
1696948104830.png

Clearly a 3 on the left. Based on the openness in the center on the left side of the sticker, its either a 2, 3, 7, or 8, but its too symmetric for a 2, too rounded for a 7, and too open for an 8, so it has to be a 3. The center digit is too narrow to be anything other than a 1 or lowercase L, and I know their naming system is numerical for the 2nd digit, so it has to be a 1. The 3rd digit is tricky, as I can't tell if its an open center like a 0, or a gap between the 3rd and 4th character like a 2. And the last character has to be a letter, so judging by the sharp corners and openness in the bottom right it has to be an F or a P, and they are currently on the F and G series, and that machine is pretty new, so it has to be an F.

After doing a little bit of sleuthing, its a 312F:
1696948959416.png

Which is more like 28k pounds! :eek:

🤷‍♂️ I'm not super sure either, thats just what it looks like :D
View attachment 404901
Clearly a 3 on the left. Based on the openness in the center on the left side of the sticker, its either a 2, 3, 7, or 8, but its too symmetric for a 2, too rounded for a 7, and too open for an 8, so it has to be a 3. The center digit is too narrow to be anything other than a 1 or lowercase L, and I know their naming system is numerical for the 2nd digit, so it has to be a 1. The 3rd digit is tricky, as I can't tell if its an open center like a 0, or a gap between the 3rd and 4th character like a 2. And the last character has to be a letter, so judging by the sharp corners and openness in the bottom right it has to be an F or a P, and they are currently on the F and G series, and that machine is pretty new, so it has to be an F.

After doing a little bit of sleuthing, its a 312F:
View attachment 404902

Which is more like 28k pounds! :eek:
Still looks safer than @tobaccoroad4wd recovery points....

Too soon? 😂

So this sweet Starrett vise that I got the other day is in awesome condition, except it was missing a pipe jaw, and they are no longer available and impossible to find.
IMG_0629.jpeg

:(
Usually I struggle to find shop time during the week, but last night my kids were content goofing around at the shop so I started piddling. And I had an idea (and some 3/4x2” bar stock)!
IMG_0638.jpeg
IMG_0639.jpeg
IMG_0642.jpeg
IMG_0644.jpeg
IMG_0648.jpeg
IMG_0649.jpeg

The thing of note in this picture is the scribe lines from my pocketknife where I traced the jaw teeth.
IMG_0650.jpeg
IMG_0652.jpeg
IMG_0655.jpeg
IMG_0657.jpeg
IMG_0664.jpeg

Sometimes it’s about the product, but this time it was as much about the process. It’s not perfect, but it’s perfectly fine, and I did it almost completely with the bandsaw.

Back