Random pic thread.

I'm fast approaching that age, but I consider myself a very capable driver! I Do still drive the dump truck, part time. But I can tell my mind is not as sharp as it was just a couple years ago. What bothers me is the 10 year license extension, And, without a road test! I see some people even in their teens, 20s, & up, that I can't figure How they Passed their Road test! But beyond that, is the elders that can barely walk, driving. They barely have control of their legs. Move slow as a turtle, & takes them 5 minutes to get in or out of their car. Then they have to get their cane or walker out! At some point, they / we, all need a Road test! I think Doctors should be More involved in this. They see their patients on regular basis, & Should be taking interest in their Driving skills.

This, while our Doctors are asking us if we have a gun in the interest of public health, they should certainly ask if we have a driver's license, and take appropriate actions to inform the DMV if they suspect the person is going to be a public health risk.

Now, let's take a step back from what I just said there... Cuz I don't really support it.

A big part of the freedoms in this country I care about is personal privacy, I don't want my health care provider ratting me out to any government entity for ANY reason.

Having those freedoms involves a certain amount of risk and responsibility for every individual.

Mass shootings, Suicides by gun, and Domestic Gun Violence are horrible, but inevitable if we are going to truly have unfettered second amendment rights.

The occasional elderly folk dyeing or killing others on the highways are going to happen if we allow older folk to drive without any extra restrictions.

The responsibility comes in with the individuals (And Families) recognizing when someone is a risk in having a gun, or driving because of their physical or mental condition. I've seen multiple people on here state they have taken away Mom or Dad's keys, and that is the way it should be handled, not by the state.

A doctor should certainly tell an individual if they think they should stop driving, A psychologist should suggest to a depressed patient that he ought to store his guns away where they are harder to access, But as a society, we should be able to accept the risks that come with the freedoms we want to maintain,

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

This, while our Doctors are asking us if we have a gun in the interest of public health, they should certainly ask if we have a driver's license, and take appropriate actions to inform the DMV if they suspect the person is going to be a public health risk.

Now, let's take a step back from what I just said there... Cuz I don't really support it.

A big part of the freedoms in this country I care about is personal privacy, I don't want my health care provider ratting me out to any government entity for ANY reason.

Having those freedoms involves a certain amount of risk and responsibility for every individual.

Mass shootings, Suicides by gun, and Domestic Gun Violence are horrible, but inevitable if we are going to truly have unfettered second amendment rights.

The occasional elderly folk dyeing or killing others on the highways are going to happen if we allow older folk to drive without any extra restrictions.

The responsibility comes in with the individuals (And Families) recognizing when someone is a risk in having a gun, or driving because of their physical or mental condition. I've seen multiple people on here state they have taken away Mom or Dad's keys, and that is the way it should be handled, not by the state.

A doctor should certainly tell an individual if they think they should stop driving, A psychologist should suggest to a depressed patient that he ought to store his guns away where they are harder to access, But as a society, we should be able to accept the risks that come with the freedoms we want to maintain,

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
IIRC @Ron said it very well
"True freedom is very scary."

I'm fast approaching that age, but I consider myself a very capable driver! I Do still drive the dump truck, part time. But I can tell my mind is not as sharp as it was just a couple years ago. What bothers me is the 10 year license extension, And, without a road test! I see some people even in their teens, 20s, & up, that I can't figure How they Passed their Road test! But beyond that, is the elders that can barely walk, driving. They barely have control of their legs. Move slow as a turtle, & takes them 5 minutes to get in or out of their car. Then they have to get their cane or walker out! At some point, they / we, all need a Road test! I think Doctors should be More involved in this. They see their patients on regular basis, & Should be taking interest in their Driving skills.
Problem is that all the folks that can change the rules would lose their license! lol

Problem is that all the folks that can change the rules would lose their license! lol

Kind of like those making gun laws that are surrounded by 24hr armed security?

The good old 70's.
70.jpeg

I agree with you 100% on everything you said. Honestly, at 42 years old with the military history I have had there are days where I don’t think I should be on the road short of wanting to hurt people over the smallest thing, some call it PTSD. The biggest problem I see with elderly folks is if they have family left that actually, truly gives a shit then they don’t want to offend a senior member of their family and look the other way but, more often than not it is family members, who just plain and simple don’t pay attention, nor give any level of care, and then their mom dad, Great aunt, great uncle XYZ get an automatic pass and nobody cares because they don’t want to deal with the drama but then when something happens and unfortunately somebody dies it’s the “oh I have no idea how that happened” scenario. It really is a shame. My dad had to take away driving privileges from my grandma after she got into a fender bender taking her friends to the bingo hall. It tore my dad‘s heart out because my grandpa had been gone for several years. My grandma was very independent and up to that point had done a great job of driving. Once he actually took a step back and looked at it, there had been several indicators that he looked past. She did OK and had other people to drive her and get her where she needs to go, but I know for a fact it was one small checkmark of her independence that led to her death. No one wants that.

Old equipment still getting er done. Cutting with a massey 35 and Detroit sickle, tetter with a 8N and rolling it with a fordson super major and old new Holland chain baler.

All our hay equipment was "repossessed" halfway through last cutting by the asshole who sold it to us. He claimed we still owed several thousand dollars, but conveniently waited til my step-dad died to call in the debt. All we had left was the small tetter and a 15 ft rake.

Found the sickle bar for 200, and the baler for 750. A neighbor gave us a Hesston 1070 we are working on getting in shape for next year. Not a sob story, just a story of never give up.

Screenshot_20231004-201245_Messenger.jpg

20231004_180138.jpg

Last edited:
I hope you went here while down there!

06aeb6_9a8c9f15288a40259fad43062b0275cf~mv2_d_4385_4194_s_4_2.jpg

My sister in law took this right outside of her subdivision driveway this morning. She's right there near Emit. @CLRracer @Blkvoodoo

View attachment 404650

I'm letting a friend hunt my property behind the house and he caught something on his deer cam that we thought could've been a bear. Guess they're working their way up from the east 🤷

Duane

I think bears are apartment shopping in King.

Back