Random pic thread.

This is Derek's new buggy
My Bad; thought that was you. You got the Fancy one!
Bruce Campbell Hello GIF

The mall in Annapolis has a 7-Eleven inside of it. It's between a shoe store and a jewelry store.
IMG_20231021_181415804_HDR.jpg

The only time of year I like that place. They do Halloween awesome!

Agreed…I’ve spent the better part of a decade avoiding Myrtle Beach…but this wasn’t too bad. And now I’m half ass thinking about buying a dedicated rental here…the wife really likes house 5003 in the event she wanted to get away with the kids for a weekend.

IMG_6244.jpeg

Agreed…I’ve spent the better part of a decade avoiding Myrtle Beach…but this wasn’t too bad. And now I’m half ass thinking about buying a dedicated rental here…the wife really likes house 5003 in the event she wanted to get away with the kids for a weekend.

View attachment 405559
My mother kept a camper at another place in Myrtle for several years. Lot more to the story but it was dang convenient for her and family to stay for a quick trip or extended time. We told her for all she spent a house away from the beach a bit or similar would have been a better investment. Or something like the homes in Ocean Lakes.

View attachment 405559
Off season (if there is one) is nice, but Ocean Lakes can get pretty chaotic during the season if you haven’t been. I have no doubts you could rent it, but they have you by the balls with everything to include renting the place. It used to be a gem 20 years ago. It was chill and affordable. I had a few friends that lived there year round.

Off season (if there is one) is nice, but Ocean Lakes can get pretty chaotic during the season if you haven’t been. I have no doubts you could rent it, but they have you by the balls with everything to include renting the place. It used to be a gem 20 years ago. It was chill and affordable. I had a few friends that lived there year round.

Yeah…I’m still not a huge fan of Myrtle Beach in general, so it would be passive income for me, outside of the half dozen weeks someone would want to use it. I can definitely see the appeal to everything being within the community, and it seems like they do a decent job keeping the riff raff out. The one we’re kinda interested in is right across the street from where we’re staying, which is about a 3 minute walk from the beach and recreational areas…and my company just put a roof on it.

IMG_6261.jpeg

Intro to shooting class today. It went well, and the pupils found all 20 shells and earned a dollar each since they found ALL of them in spite of the leaves on the ground.
IMG_0886.jpeg

Hauled a couple loads of sand for the new and improved sack of water at my parents house. That was a truck full!
IMG_0898.jpeg
IMG_0896.jpeg
IMG_0897.jpeg

Sand is just under 3000lbs per cubic yard, and that was about 4-4.5 cubic yards, so about 12-13k pounds in the bed of the ol’ truck! :eek:

Hauled a couple loads of sand for the new and improved sack of water at my parents house. That was a truck full!
View attachment 405648View attachment 405649View attachment 405650

Sand is just under 3000lbs per cubic yard, and that was about 4-4.5 cubic yards, so about 12-13k pounds in the bed of the ol’ truck! :eek:
I’ve hauled all sorts of equipment with my old 7.3. Nothing has put the squat to it like a few yards of dirt in the bed. It was so bad it had the breaks smelling. A little dirt is heavier than you think.

Back