Random pic thread.

TLDR: Special handmade gifts from my 80-something year old parents to my teenage daughters.

My parents are in their 80s and this year my wife asked them to make a Christmas tree for each of our two daughters that represents them.

At first they were hesitant, but once they got started they had fun, even texting us pictures of their progress. I think they knocked it out of the park. I’m so happy my daughters will always have something my parents made. I hope one day they look at these the same way I do.

The two in the front are wooden. Mom drew the pattern and Dad cut them out. Dad is always building something. The “tinsel” is from a box of old broken necklaces my Mom kept.

The two outside trees are magazines, my Mom has always read and kept tons of magazines. The bells on top of those were from my grandmother’s Christmas ornaments that my Mom now has.

The one in the back is made from round makeup mirrors my Mom had collected over the years. Dad built the base for it.

72315CAB-371E-4853-BB8F-A1541AA40E47.jpeg

TLDR: Special handmade gifts from my 80-something year old parents to my teenage daughters.

My parents are in their 80s and this year my wife asked them to make a Christmas tree for each of our two daughters that represents them.

At first they were hesitant, but once they got started they had fun, even texting us pictures of their progress. I think they knocked it out of the park. I’m so happy my daughters will always have something my parents made. I hope one day they look at these the same way I do.

The two in the front are wooden. Mom drew the pattern and Dad cut them out. Dad is always building something. The “tinsel” is from a box of old broken necklaces my Mom kept.

The two outside trees are magazines, my Mom has always read and kept tons of magazines. The bells on top of those were from my grandmother’s Christmas ornaments that my Mom now has.

The one in the back is made from round makeup mirrors my Mom had collected over the years. Dad built the base for it.

View attachment 409590
Priceless!

Drama on Sesame Street..... this appeared down the road from us. (Not nextdoor, it's not for us).

20231228_164429.jpg

If that was lowered back down to normal car height and removed all that crap it would be perfect.
Normal car height? Its just a mildly lifted B2000. Those are probably 33s.
I really dig it (minus the stupidity on top)

Taken around 10pm tonight.
IMG_1736.jpeg

Back