Random pic thread.

Lived in one just like that. Me and my OCD are still in therapy! I lost my mind when I remodeled it. I actually had to warp the new back door so it would close.
There's an house just down the street from me that is over a 100 years old. Lady that was living there, once gave me a tour. It was built on a rock or rock pillar foundation. There is noting inside, that is level! Some doors are off as much as 1.5"! The walls, ceilings, & floors all match the contours. It has a steep stairway, to the second floor. It's probably only 30"s wide!
On another note, my grandparents house I spent part of my up being in, is around 90 years old. My Grandfather had it built, & the lumber on the property was cut for it! It's a story & half. You want find any sagging or poor design there. It's been well kept, & few folks would realize that age of it! Sadly, the current owner has it for sale, along with about 8 acres it sits on. The Realtor is trying to get town homes or apartments approved. [Damn-it-man] I've heard that would involve Demolition of the House. 🤬

For your viewing pleasure

It’s amazing the level of rules that LEGO has. Hell they have various teams of designers dedicated to System brick vs. technic brick vs DUPLO, vs…..

I’ve been to a few of the buildings and departments that they showed in that video with the designers. Quite familiar. And know some of those guys.

IMG_3024.jpeg
IMG_3010.jpeg

Well that escalated quickly. View attachment 409266
I'm right there with you. I started to replace the wheel bearing in my wife's car today. I made some rookie moves and ended up breaking a piece of the cast off of the knuckle. Guess who hit eBay up and ordered a new knuckle? Le shit.

I'm right there with you. I started to replace the wheel bearing in my wife's car today. I made some rookie moves and ended up breaking a piece of the cast off of the knuckle. Guess who hit eBay up and ordered a new knuckle? Le shit.
Mine has been “sipping” a bit of coolant but not getting hot or making a milkshake so I’ve known it needed a head gasket. Also been slinging oil that I haven’t been able to pin down. I knew it was coming fomeom the front of the motor and that pissed me off cause I did the from case and timing set not long ago and it had been fine and dry. Found out today why it was slinging oil. The harmonic balancer bolt has left the chat 😳. Only thing “holding it on” was the V-belts. Other than that a simple head gasket and re-seal of a 22RE. NBD. LOL

how the fuck can you be an injuneer and not know that
Simple really, I like to build things the right way so they stay together. None of that janky-ass plate perpendicular to a plate peasant who doesn't have the right LEGO BRICKS shit. 🤷‍♂️

Cool cloud formation I saw yesterday
IMG_1639.jpeg

Wife was out of town Monday to Friday so I just stacked the packages on the dryer. Then the washer. To be fair, one was mine.
IMG_1635.jpeg

Buddy of mine was ripping out some concrete with his machine a few years back and we all heard a super loud POP! He stopped and we all looked trying to figure out what it was. He decided maybe it was a piece of rebar letting go in the slab he was yanking on. He went to move the boom and when he curled the arm in, the broken half of a shaft, just like pictured above, popped out. His broke while inside the body of the cylinder. It was wild. To this day, no one has a definitive explanation how it happened. His guess is that he must have dinged the shaft on something and it created a weak spot. He's rough on equipment so that idea checked out for me.
Found a picture of it

20170120_133517.jpg

I’m trying to figure out what engine it had. No VW Bug had a motor that hauled ass…..

And if you put something in them that could haul ass, they got super scary to drive....

Not a contrail profile you see every day…
IMG_1681.jpeg

I’m trying to figure out what engine it had. No VW Bug had a motor that hauled ass…..
You need to come to Farmington one weekend when it's bug season

Last edited:
Back