Random pic thread.

I guess the reliability. I’m a fan of mechanical components. Dont want a busted bag or line leaving me stranded in Florida. I drive this car a lot when it’s stays together. I am prepared with a lot of line repair parts and a spare bag. But air is much better as I can adjust for different circumstances and luggage

I have that same thoughts. If I put air on it, I am currently planning to run hardline and hydraulic hose, as much as possible. I am sure it has gotten better, but nylon line busting was the biggest issue we had doing mini trucks back in the day.

I have that same thoughts. If I put air on it, I am currently planning to run hardline and hydraulic hose, as much as possible. I am sure it has gotten better, but nylon line busting was the biggest issue we had doing mini trucks back in the day.
Yep. I will be mounting mine very strategically and using rubber hose sleeping anywhere possible it could rub. Grommets for any entry/exit points and rubber clamps everywhere. Luckily all of the hardware is very affordable now. So extra fittings are easy to carry. Even have several double ended push locks to patch a hose up if ever needed. Hopefully I won’t though.

Yep. I will be mounting mine very strategically and using rubber hose sleeping anywhere possible it could rub. Grommets for any entry/exit points and rubber clamps everywhere. Luckily all of the hardware is very affordable now. So extra fittings are easy to carry. Even have several double ended push locks to patch a hose up if ever needed. Hopefully I won’t though.
I sometimes remind myself that thousands of trucks run the roads every day with bags all over.. I dont work in that world, so maybe they have lots of issues

I sometimes remind myself that thousands of trucks run the roads every day with bags all over.. I dont work in that world, so maybe they have lots of issues
They don't but then again they run a lot of metal and rubber lines I believe. They look more like brake lines to me.

16.png

They don't but then again they run a lot of metal and rubber lines I believe. They look more like brake lines to me.
Not really, lots of plastic DOT air lines. But, get quality DOT rated stuff. Use Bulkhead fittings instead of a hole with a grommet also. Only problems are really from poor routing, or UV damage on something old.

thats gotta sorta impact the yield strength, no?
This though made me think of fire arms. My head went straight to stress risers and fractures. Over all bulk, lack of real metallurgical change, and the fairly refined edges?

A lot of art wasted on a shin killer. How does that work on the hydro cars dumping sparks on the east side?

thats gotta sorta impact the yield strength, no?
I wouldn't think so. Its all surface level and those hitches are pretty dang beefy. The load is carried by the 2 pins and the groove that the hitch slides up and down in, so there should be dang near zero stress on the outer surfaces. The only areas I'd question are here:
1706798378200.png

I wouldn't think so. Its all surface level and those hitches are pretty dang beefy. The load is carried by the 2 pins and the groove that the hitch slides up and down in, so there should be dang near zero stress on the outer surfaces. The only areas I'd question are here:
View attachment 411681

What amazes me is you can have the biggest hitch/ball ect but its all held in the receiver with the same size pin thats what 5/8"?

What amazes me is you can have the biggest hitch/ball ect but its all held in the receiver with the same size pin thats what 5/8"?
And the load on that pin varies GREATLY depending on how well the hitch fits in the reciever. I run a grade 8 bolt in the receiver on my big truck because I know what that is made of. I don't trust the china shitpins for real heavy loads. Nor the guy hooking them up :laughing: :(

What amazes me is you can have the biggest hitch/ball ect but it’s all held in the receiver with the same size pin thats what 5/8"?
If tongue weight is correct the pin only holds it in place. The rest is held with friction and weight… unless you get the shitty harbor freight adjustable one that solely relies on 2 pins and is sketchy

If tongue weight is correct the pin only holds it in place. The rest is held with friction and weight… unless you get the shitty harbor freight adjustable one that solely relies on 2 pins and is sketchy
This is a factor. Seems the much older hitches fit much closer. I have had a few projects that involved the violent or "hot" removal of Hitch inserts. Froze with rust, lately they all seem to fit like the local lot lizard.

I made a short round trip with everything right but the hitch pin many moons ago. At the age it was a chuckle, now it would be another check mark toward slipping cognitive abilities.

I guess if you accelerate and stop gently enough, and never hit any bumps or dips, that might work.

Back