Random pic thread.

This is a restaurant in Ayden NC, the owners name is Larry and he is a hoot. He dgaf and posts whatever he wants and it's quite often gold. He had me rolling with this one. Bums is a staple, all around fantastic food morning lunch and dinner, and also happens to make top of the line wood fired whole hog bbq. Check them out if you're down that way.

Screenshot_20240913-205137.png

Buddy texted me a pic today. He travels all over the US. With the pic, he asked "where am I?" .....my answer is after the picture -- see if you can guess it...

123_1.jpeg

Somehow, I nailed it right off the bat -- Lake Marion, South Carolina. Fished there 30 years ago. I guess that there were 2 brain cells left that connected.

We’re all glad you didn’t get murdered. Did you see anything cool?
Honestly not really. Muratec had a hoppin booth as usual. Smart had prices on all their machines which was awesome. Wells-Index will sell you a brand new Bridgeport minus the head for $8k. So you can buy a worn out Bridgeport for $1500, scrap the casting for $200, rebuild the head for $500?, and have essentially a new machine for under $10k. They also have a really nice manual mill with a better head design that is made completely in the US, and it’s $35k complete and brand new.

The additive manufacturing section gets bigger every year. One company had a gigantic machine printing chairs for people to sit in, haha. But I just kinda breezed through there because without deeper knowledge, it all just looks like more of the same to me.

I think the biggest thing I saw that matters was what we called the “Chinatown” section of the tooling and accessories hall. There’s always been a couple of booths in the back corner, but I bet there were 40-50 booths with knockoff cutting tools and tool holders and such. Way more than I’ve ever seen. Since cutting tools are where the rubber meets the road, it’s always been nice to mostly have quality options, so this seems like a sign that the market is going to flood with cheap Chinese crap over the next few years.

Buddy texted me a pic today. He travels all over the US. With the pic, he asked "where am I?" .....my answer is after the picture -- see if you can guess it...

View attachment 424477

Somehow, I nailed it right off the bat -- Lake Marion, South Carolina. Fished there 30 years ago. I guess that there were 2 brain cells left that connected.
I was thinking somewhere around Santee. Them stumps give it away. You better stay in the channel on Moultrie and Marion if you don’t know what you’re doing.

Kids first Cub Scout camp out tonight :D
IMG_5370.jpeg

Cool. Something you definitely don't see too often. I've always wanted to build a very low ride height jeep tj with all Toyota running gear, motor, trans, t case and axles.
Brad Barnes had a 4 cyl YJ a few years ago with Jeep 2.5 and AX5 adapted to Toy 4.7 case and mini truck axles. Cool rig for sure

FB Post from our local VFD
View attachment 424549
Looked like my Dept the other night. No number on the fence, house located way off the road. All but 1 truck missed the driveway, 3 of us ended up in the woods past the house.

Fortunately, it was a small fire and was handled quickly and before things went south.

Looked like my Dept the other night. No number on the fence, house located way off the road. All but 1 truck missed the driveway, 3 of us ended up in the woods past the house.

Fortunately, it was a small fire and was handled quickly and before things went south.

Been there and done that!

House numbers on a sign at the main road, reflective is a plus. Could quite literally be a life saver!

Been there and done that!

House numbers on a sign at the main road, reflective is a plus. Could quite literally be a life saver!
I met some of the local fire department guys when a neighbors house burned and they used my driveway to stage and turn around their trucks as they rotated the empty ones out for full. He said they would make note of where my house was and that they could go balls to wall up the driveway without worrying about finding a place to turn around up top once they got in there.

Back