Random pic thread.

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160429_c26337ea779bf95de437f38d268503d1.jpg

Exhaust on this was rattling stuff in the store.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

How do you fix a shitty brick job? Cover it with a shitty rock job!

IMG_20160427_174828676.jpg

Anyone have any ideas on covering the brick properly? Just painting it is not an option.

ascontent_atl3_1.xx.fbcdn.net_hphotos_xal1_v_t1.0_9_13092125_9adb9adc401d43166da4c253e5265d014.jpg

How do you fix a shitty brick job? Cover it with a shitty rock job!

View attachment 216635

Anyone have any ideas on covering the brick properly? Just painting it is not an option.

.......after removing the stone you need to get rid of that flat spot where the brick steps in and make it a 45 not a 90. Or you could add some wood framing from the flat to the top of the chimney to make it straight up and cover the chimney w vinyl siding ?

Last edited:
...Wakefield or Dunn rd.?
hold up hold up....if you went to wakefield and Dunn rd, than you must have gone to Fox Rd too which means you grew up around there and maybe even ran into each other at some point back then. Me and all my highschool buds started out at Dunn Rd and Fox Rd (now the New Big Mall lol) and that's where all the off roading fun began!! small world to see someone mention these places as I haven't heard them mentioned in 15yrs!! You brought back some of my best memories starting out, thanks!!

The Mrs. and I were cleaning out some book shelves the other day and I ran across this picture.

This is in Raleigh from about 15 years ago.

View attachment 216216
wouldn't surprise me one bit if we have met/ran across each other back then if you wheeled Dunn Rd, Fox Rd, Wakefield!! small world, pretty cool memories!!

Take the rocks off and see if acid washing it takes all the stains off
The brick job is beyond bad. Courses are not strait and many chips from removing rock. It will have to be covered somehow.

.......after removing the stone you need to get rid of that flat spot where the brick steps in and make it a 45 not a 90. Or you could add some wood framing from the flat to the top of the chimney to make it straight up and cover the chimney w vinyl siding ?
It definitely has to have crown on the flats! Rumor is the original owner decided to do the chimney himself. Once complete it was realized he didn't know what he was doing so he covered it in rock to hide the shitty job. He even rocked around the gutters:eek:

Saw these on the way to the beach today.

uploadfromtaptalk1462060576101.jpg

Nissan GTR
uploadfromtaptalk1462060601725.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Back