Random pic thread.

IMG_1743.JPG
This is what happens when a hub breaks at the dirt track over 200 yards away from track totaled the sonoma.

Wtf Germany?

Porsche quoted me $1200 for new front rotors and pads and sensors. So I picked up the parts myself for like $300 and went to swap them this weekend and found out it requires two tools I do not have... and neither does Lowes or Autozone: M14 socket and a 10pt 19mm caliper socket. Hitting up Amazon I guess, but what a pain.

IMG_2433.JPG

Wtf Germany?

Porsche quoted me $1200 for new front rotors and pads and sensors. So I picked up the parts myself for like $300 and went to swap them this weekend and found out it requires two tools I do not have... and neither does Lowes or Autozone: M14 socket and a 10pt 19mm caliper socket. Hitting up Amazon I guess, but what a pain.

View attachment 245597

Main reason I've stayed out of Euro cars. When I got my Lincoln, I was looking at entry level luxury cars with Jags, Mercedes and BMW's...and the repair fees and specialized tools were enough to turn me away. Yeah, Lincoln is a glorified Ford, but I'd bet I can pull apart 90% of my Lincoln with nothing but a 10mm. And I think at the time Mercedes was toying with a max of 5 start ups with the CEL on before starting would be disabled.

View attachment 245550This is what happens when a hub breaks at the dirt track over 200 yards away from track totaled the sonoma.

I've seen two whole cars go over/through the back wall and fence. One landed on a burn barrel and proceeded to burn to the ground. The other landed on a z71 with 30 day tags.

Duane

I've seen two whole cars go over/through the back wall and fence. One landed on a burn barrel and proceeded to burn to the ground. The other landed on a z71 with 30 day tags.

Duane
I seen a legends car flip end over end over 30ft in the air two weeks ago at fayetville, dirt track can be a rough bitch that's fer sure

Wtf Germany?

View attachment 245597

Mercedes has a better set up than that.
The caliper requires a computer be plugged up to allow it to release to remove it. Forcing it off with a prybar without the computer release destroys the caliper and the caliper costs $400....ask me how I know.

Do you also have the cube bit to screw the piston back in as Well? It doesn't press back like 'Murican cars do

I didn't see it called for in the Dyi I watched... but also no, I do not.

eBay and and amazon came out to $30 for the new sockets so far (10pt 19mm and m14).

I seen a legends car flip end over end over 30ft in the air two weeks ago at fayetville, dirt track can be a rough bitch that's fer sure

Yeah legends and outlaws will tumble if you look at them wrong it seems.

Duane

Back