Random pic thread.

Rainy day in Alamance county so......
Isley farms fresh strawberries turned into warm strawberry jelly and Lilly white and buttermilk turned into some cat head biscuits.....
2681bca89a252295964a2a7caab4b93e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20170423_134234.jpg
Rainy day with a few of my favorite things.

Site plan? What site plan?

(New townhomes near my place)

i-m4xdqNW-L.jpg

Last edited:
Those half shutters make me so mad that I see white sparkles. Not only are they completely useless while also being completely ugly, the dormer doesn't even match. And the dormer is over a garage, which makes me think the dormer is part of the attic and not part of the living space, making the dormer just a useless roof pimple. Attics need useless windows, right?

Who designs these steaming piles of shit? Who signs off on that crap either? Does no one care what kind of shit they live in? If you can't get a damn ornamental shutter right, what does that say about anything else in the entire building? It doesn't say that you care about doing anything properly...

Last edited:
Those half shutters make me so mad that I see white sparkles. Not only are they completely useless while also being completely ugly, the dormer doesn't even match. And the dormer is over a garage, which makes me think the dormer is part of the attic and not part of the living space, making the dormer just a useless roof pimple. Attics need useless windows, right?

Who designs these steaming piles of shit? Who signs off on that crap either? Does no one care what kind of shit they live in? If you can't get a damn ornamental shutter right, what does that say about anything else in the entire building? It doesn't say that you care about doing anything properly...

.................that catch basin in the driveway is gonna be a bitch too. I'm guessing the box was built where a 15' offset to the center of the CB was set on the curbline and the box should be 15' to the right from the middle of the driveway on the side property line. looks like there should be yard inlets at the bottom of the slope out back and that gravel is probably around the one that leads to or from the catch basin.

Last edited:
Every boil I've ever done had shrimp in it. Hate I missed Charlottes Louisiana fest. That looks like it was a good time.

Who designs these steaming piles of shit?

Here's the good part....this is part of the huge apartment complex built near us...the part closest to our house is being developed and sold as townhouses. Yep, you can actually buy these steaming piles. $120k for the one story units on the ends, $140k for the two story units.

4 condo units to a building, 13 or 14 buildings total. Oh, and your $120-140,000 investment looks just like the larger apartment buildings right next door...including the half shutters. Some of the apartments didn't have room in the building footprint for a balcony...so they stuck on a fake balcony railing against the siding. I'll get a pic sometime.

They got 2 more buildings in framing stage right now. Poured the slabs on Friday and Saturday. Started framing on Monday. I've always given concrete a couple of weeks...never built anything on green before.

Here's the good part....this is part of the huge apartment complex built near us...the part closest to our house is being developed and sold as townhouses. Yep, you can actually buy these steaming piles. $120k for the one story units on the ends, $140k for the two story units.

4 condo units to a building, 13 or 14 buildings total. Oh, and your $120-140,000 investment looks just like the larger apartment buildings right next door...including the half shutters. Some of the apartments didn't have room in the building footprint for a balcony...so they stuck on a fake balcony railing against the siding. I'll get a pic sometime.

They got 2 more buildings in framing stage right now. Poured the slabs on Friday and Saturday. Started framing on Monday. I've always given concrete a couple of weeks...never built anything on green before.

They might have mixed in some blue pills with the concrete. I heard that makes it harden up faster.

Totally diggin' the little bit of metal roof over the front door to give the building a slightly upscale look without actually spending the money on a metal roof. It's not upscale, it just has the suggestion of upscale.

I wonder if that will have a gutter, or will just make a nice curtain of rain to walk through. Kind of like walking through a waterfall with a cave behind it.

And yes, that's some perfect placement for a catch basin. Good luck getting that one sorted out in an attractive manner.

Last edited:
Wait so do the 2 story townhouses only have 1 window on each floor? seems dark.

Yep, one front, one back.

The entry on the two-story units screams "Section 8"

That's how they up-sell you into the $140k units.. :D

Those ARE the $140k units.

I don't know if it's good or bad, but I'll have my house on the market while they are trying to sell these. I'm going to price at about 130k. Put up a big sign (folks will drive right past my house to get to these crap houses). Sign will say something like: "Less money, more sq. footage, your own yard, detached garage/workshop, carport, plenty of parking, real neighborhood."

I don't know if it's good or bad, but I'll have my house on the market while they are trying to sell these. I'm going to price at about 130k. Put up a big sign (folks will drive right past my house to get to these crap houses). Sign will say something like: "Less money, more sq. footage, your own yard, detached garage/workshop, carport, plenty of parking, real neighborhood."
I'd definitely do that, but make it $160k.

Gots to be a HUD project.

That's what we'll likely be doing in a few years. The town-owned 30 acre piece of woodland 500 feet away from our house has been sold to a developer last year, and they're going to build 16 apartment buildings, some mixed retail/office space, a 78,000 sqft Harris Teeter (ugh, why not a better store), maybe a brewery. We have almost an acre and no HOA, so I'm thinking our value will go way up for a property like that with such close prox to shopping, etc. A lot of people will really want to live next to a development like that, but that person is not me...

Then there's the 430 acres of tract homes that will be started and completed in the next 5-7 years down the street... That doesn't include the hundreds of acres currently being built. I think our area has declared war on trees and fields. All those New Yorkers have to live somewhere though.

I saw a bumper sticker two weeks ago that said "Lets Jersey-up the Carolinas". Apparently this mass migration from NY/NJ is not just in my head....

Last edited:
I think our area has declared war on trees and fields.
Irony: A lot of those people would preach to you about CO2 emissions while living in an area that used to be covered in trees.

That's what we'll likely be doing in a few years. The town-owned 30 acre piece of woodland 500 feet away from our house has been sold to a developer last year, and they're going to build 16 apartment buildings, some mixed retail/office space, a 78,000 sqft Harris Teeter (ugh, why not a better store), maybe a brewery. We have almost an acre and no HOA, so I'm thinking our value will go way up for a property like that with such close prox to shopping, etc. A lot of people will really want to live next to a development like that, but that person is not me...

Then there's the 430 acres of tract homes that will be started and completed in the next 5-7 years down the street... That doesn't include the hundreds of acres currently being built. I think our area has declared war on trees and fields. All those New Yorkers have to live somewhere though.

I saw a bumper sticker two weeks ago that said "Lets Jersey-up the Carolinas". Apparently this mass migration from NY/NJ is not just in my head....
Half backs.... Went to Florida first then coming half way between their summer homes and Thier family's in Jersey

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Irony: A lot of those people would preach to you about CO2 emissions while living in an area that used to be covered in trees.

....while complaining about the heating and cooling bills for a 3500 sqft tract home with shitty windows and badly installed insulation.

As soon as the garage placement gets locked in (we changed to a 2 car attached instead of the big shop, once we learned about this shopping devel) we're going to start filling the rest of our yard with trees. I consider it my duty to offset some of the tract home wasteland, where the SOP is to remove all the trees, grade everything flat, and build as many homes as possible in the smallest space that zoning will allow. Max-profit development just makes me sad and angry.

Too much chit chat in this thread :p
17991267_1856995424518842_2517920216230505959_n.jpg

Yeah but it's not NEW.
People (idiots) want a NEW house, something they can feel is their own to break in. I'm guessing the mfr will offer some kind of POS warranty.
Of course you could also purchase an $800 warranty to include to sweeten the deal.

Realtor buddy was telling me the other day that many of his buyers won't even look at anything more than 10 years old. Result of the Wal-Mart throw-away society.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back