Random pic thread.

Realtor buddy was telling me the other day that many of his buyers won't even look at anything more than 10 years old. Result of the Wal-Mart throw-away society.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That's because people want something new enough to not worry about maintenance yet, and the latest trends so they don't have to update anything. Nowadays, this also means that you're paying for trends instead of construction quality.

These are people who want a turn-key house, and probably don't have the motivation or imagination to change anything unless they just saw it on HGTV or Pinterest. That's the other reason people don't want houses older than 10 years; all of those houses were trendy, now they're dated. The concepts of classic, timeless design aren't very sexy and don't sell houses to people who are spoon fed everything from HGTV.

These are the same people who can't grasp the concept of painting rooms if you don't like the color it is at time of sale..

We have this interesting thing happening here, where local realtors have told me that more people are looking for (older) better quality homes with larger lots that they can fix up and really feel proud of. There's hope after all.

Last edited:
Realtor buddy was telling me the other day that many of his buyers won't even look at anything more than 10 years old. Result of the Wal-Mart throw-away society.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Most of the people I know really want to build. Mid 20-30 age. I'd prefer to buy a old house that's in need of some repairs maybe just a good cleaning and paint. Save myself some money and get a bigger house.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That's because people want something new enough to not worry about maintenance yet, and the latest trends so they don't have to update anything. Nowadays, this also means that you're paying for trends instead of construction quality.

These are the same people who can't grasp the concept of painting rooms if you don't like the color it is at time of sale..
My girlfriend is one of those. She can't get it threw her head if it's a sound structure but ugly as shit it's usually cheaper and I know how to fix stuff up.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

it's all the hgtv shows and the "it looks so dated" statements that make them want new

I like watching House Hunters on occasion just to hear the moron comments. People complaining about light fixtures and carpet/paint colors. I just laugh at how stupid and sad the world is today. Idiocracy!!!

I just bought a house that was custom built in 2009 and updated in 2015-2016. Not because I gave a rats ass about trends...but because I didn't want to have to touch it for another 10 years. I liken it to buying a new car, you'd be pissed making a huge investment that nickel and dimed you that you had to constantly wrench on. That time costs something too, I look at it as more time to spend with the family or play/work with the toys. I've done the work your ass off 'so you can be proud' thing...they don't give awards for that, generally just means doing a horse shit project while you'd rather be doing something else.

Me thinks this here North Cacalacky State is doomed to look like Calaforn-i-a. And worst like all them over head shots urban sprall for miles beyond belief.
Back on track.
First time me and my son ever went trout fishing.

14930824039851690581872.jpg
I need some grill in advice. They are in a brine right now gonna freeze them for later.

Last edited:
Me thinks this here North Cacalacky State is doomed to look like Calaforn-i-a. And worst like all them over head shots urban sprall for miles beyond belief.
Back on track.
First time me and my son ever went trout fishing.

View attachment 246193 I need some grill in advice. They are in a brine right now gonna freeze them for later.

Nice trout! I've been experimenting with trout fillets on the grill. The general principle I follow is 375F, oil the grates, flesh side down for 3-5 minutes, flip and grill skin side down for 3-5 minutes and eat. If I want to taste the flavor of the trout I go with lightly oiling the fish with olive oil and a light sprinkling of salt & pepper. If I want more spice flavor I'll sprinkle with a salmon seasoning and maybe a little fresh lemon juice. I season the fillets while the grill is heating up.

When I've grilled whole trout I season the inside cavity, put some lemon slices in there and maybe some fresh dill. Again, 375F works for me and I grill for 5 minutes on each side.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I grill on a wood pellet grill so I get a light smoke taste.

Last edited:
I got my nuts to glow today:
tHEbUe95Qn3cQWxAOO9zA74bTVJkHQw2W-SYrpYVN-FAbk23aA9VGyazC0mxWSv7kqcEqBgudX7IPmZP_nN3xH-RWNGDkzuTesvYdURuTGQ0d063XnNUbSaB7zm-QRjXPdzjSPZyu03Q3SKtZmmQqYEFWoLtN6cODWXMT12kdIr6HfPy0aGnAge7zQECY1cri28Cgz6duyIuEVwjImGhW54fBaEbsQqlVeYJWOd1iYCyscziWvQm3K7jkrYyWZtciByUy9cigGHe7Q9SpL92v68YMhhar1hiw5SFFa3IzQ02QjOQjZXP8sFEcaUzDkf9uuKDC1488VmYqckLUoX-3iA7KYUfXaPAyeMxOkgAYuXicBYAgiNC04xihCZ0OwwoZNePPCvmO0FezY68jzrwqrHe-Pq5bXLUgYO86-rw1Ok5UVWe2GiqX2h0gnz6WuBiQFwHqUdZq7HYrlAf0VLSYKg6qg7VgqJNl2fdeRNnUokerhfsY0It5tFVPEQvaWROAOMr_h7Vn6RBb8UMyw22jaZVCQCyqJxcNI-ndRNVFSqa21uQJJ19p-msT06uLMN2t2q2ruNBLK5QEM5BpOF_B8VCO8CaWiARoEvXOY9c1FWWKoadBw=w454-h806-no

I got my nuts to glow today

Reminds me of My first vendor sponsored trip to Montreal....strip clubs are full nude, with only one rule: No touchy the coochie

Talk about glowing nuts!

Also..I've seriously got to get some of these for the 'Xploder

racer pic.jpg

Last edited:
Back