Random pic thread.

IMG_2121.JPG
Auto Zone parking lot in Spout Springs, NC. I don't think Auto Zone can fix that. Might wanna look elsewhere.

I can't believe property owners are ok with people working on their vehicles in front of parts stores; hell I can't believe the parts' stores themselves are ok with it. More accidents like that and you'll definitely see a stop to it.

Thought I'd move the tire swing out into the open yard. I found a cool old tire to use that I've never seen before. Dredged out of the old Columbia canal in a pile of rubble was a 7.50-20 Alray. No idea what it could've come off of or how old it might be. Figured my little niece would love it. Original super swamper tread pattern? Measures very close to a modern day 35".
20170925_192058.jpg

20170925_192116.jpg

Did you drill a hole or three in the bottom so it won't collect water and become a mosquito and mold haven?
That would also give a gander at what the inside and belt construction might be like

Did you drill a hole or three in the bottom so it won't collect water and become a mosquito and mold haven?
That would also give a gander at what the inside and belt construction might be like
I oriented the tire so that the two finger width gash faces down. The mud caked in was every bit of 20# It has threads rather than steel belt so it's a bias ply afaik. Organic search found that Alray is a western/central NC based company and the size itself is a hot topic amongst 1.5 ton truck guys looking for replacents for pre-1940s-50s stuff.
71d6349db8dc20cacd042511657f2b49.jpg

Thought I'd move the tire swing out into the open yard. I found a cool old tire to use that I've never seen before. Dredged out of the old Columbia canal in a pile of rubble was a 7.50-20 Alray. No idea what it could've come off of or how old it might be. Figured my little niece would love it. Original super swamper tread pattern? Measures very close to a modern day 35". View attachment 255003
View attachment 255004
I tried find Alray; all I could get is a service center using that name in Western NC locations.

I oriented the tire so that the two finger width gash faces down. The mud caked in was every bit of 20# It has threads rather than steel belt so it's a bias ply afaik. Organic search found that Alray is a western/central NC based company and the size itself is a hot topic amongst 1.5 ton truck guys looking for replacents for pre-1940s-50s stuff.
View attachment 255018
Many had 17 & 19" rims, too.

Wasted too much time asking if it was the 2 door or the 4 door version

Customer to brain dead computer monkey: "MY VAN IS ON FIRE! I NEED A FIRE EXTINGUISHER!"

Brain dead computer monkey: "Duh ...what make , model, and year?"

Matt

498ffa170e0359dc537557c335ba607e.jpg
21203b501c364a5e56d7b0f1ad4cbd40.jpg

Craigslist score on the tank and champion head unit. Got the motor from Batman here
A magnetic starter, pully, pressure switch and supply line, and it's up and running. >500 bucks in this 2000 dollar compressor. I'm happy. Oh yea, free retread isolation mat.
fba41eefe133dff3cb734132920db96c.jpg

Now if I could just clean out my little shop. No pictures of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04a3e4fa5b0459d6fbde58f777ee801d.jpg
95a1784f1b764c5a8482badd34ef027b.jpg

Hognose the dogs found today. They are rare in our area. He spread out and rose like a cobra and would strike. But then play dead lol. Defense mechanism. Also they are Non poisonous.

They will also hiss very loudly and scare the chit out of dogs/cats/people. I caught beautiful red one years ago and put it in a small aquarium. A week or so later It managed to wedge it's nose under the lid and escape even w a brick on the cover. Heard the thing hiss from the other end of the house and then the cat came streaking out of that room and down the hall w it's hair all up.

Last edited:
... and a trailer hitch! :eek:

To secure the bike rack so they can enjoy mountain biking whilst eating granola and leg hair braiding. I'd have really laughed if they were somehow convinced to get a weighted tag. I think the Trump sticker was a decoy.

Back