Random pic thread.

Water tower in town today....

d3d9bec009d215095fcabc9985fe8a22.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sometimes you just gotta do it the old fashioned way...
20171123_171815.jpg

1124171808.jpg
Absolutely killed a Friday. The wife is happy and we didn't shell out $400 dollars for another prelit tree.
1511565564004-569175704.jpg

My prelit had a few bulbs out, but they are different from any replacements I've tried so far. I just add a few extra cheap strands to it.

Can't wait for cheap led strands to come standard.
1511579315488-64977223.jpg
These goofy bastards are why we had so many out. For a few years we had the same delima and not finding a match. I ran the numbers off a tag on Google and Lowe's showed these for sale. Opened the box in Lowe's and waddaya know? Perfect match. All but the odd single white ones per strand. I dissected those and made em work. Not sure what they do exactly but none would work without them. Also learned without replacing the entire burnt section the new few would quickly toast. Series with a shunt would overheat the good ones lickidy split!

Rough time with the family yesterday? That is a lot of stress relief right there!
I'm not allowed to say, haha. Actually the worst part was that I had to cut down a smaller oak tree first before I could get a clear swing at the pine.

Last edited:
Rough time with the family yesterday? That is a lot of stress relief right there!
He was just wearing himself out before they got there so he could sleep.

Needed to start a fire and all I had was Benjamin's
20171124_152617.jpg

Stupid little frikken frakkin @#&#@@✓ soft headed JK rear driveshaft bolts. Shouldn't need to drag out the Hobart to remove the pinion yoke.View attachment 258353

I cannot stand them and the press fit of the factory shafts especially on a wheeled truck. I bought a bunch of the bolts a while back so I have them ready to go when needed. LOL

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gave up on fixing their pre-lit tree lights on their fake tree and just wrapped new strands around it.

This is the last year for ours, it's probably lasted several years longer than it should have. Gotta grab a new one cheap after Christmas!

But I look forward to sneaking next door in the middle of the night and "planting" it in our neighbors back yard for the WTF factor.

Back