Random pic thread.

sure. what do you want on it? lol

thats the big thing about these. have tried it before. the profit margins are small and finding a universal logo or slogan that "many" will like sucks. lots of tacticool ones starting to really permeate the market tho. an nc4x4 one would be cool i guess.

what would be really cool is if someone bought some lazer engravers and basically white labeled or did custom orders.
Can’t go wrong with an etched in American flag or state flags.

These type shops are getting to be few and far between. My local alternator/starter rebuild shop. The old man is a genius with these and is very funny to talk to.

e292af6101b9d108a53901a8b45fd0e9.jpg

6c315baf16ea9fdec1c21aa11efc4ad0.jpg
hey!!!!! He has one of those old school wand type chocolate shake maker thingys on his work bench.

Well this was a hell of a thing to watch unfold on i77 North this afternoon:
IMG_20171214_144135.jpg
IMG_20171214_144321.jpg
IMG_20171214_145954.jpg
IMG_20171214_150447.jpg

SCDOT truck was doing a rolling roadblock in the left lane with lights and arrow on. Guy in van at the front seemed to wait too long to brake or get over, so when he finally slammed on the brakes, everyone in lanes 3 and 4 ran into each other at 70 mph. I was riding passenger in a buddy's truck in lane 3 about 200ft behind the last car. We had time to watch it coming, say to each other this is gonna be bad, start slowing down, then see brake lights, then smoke, then white cars flying everywhere. We easily came to a stop about 200ft back, then eased up closer I jumped out and helped rip some doors open and get people out while he called da police. Two vehicles horns were going off so I unscrewed one wing nut battery terminal, and cut the other with my pocket knife. A half serrated Kershaw Blackout will go right through a battery cable when you have some adrenaline. Everyone generally walked away except 1 lady had an asthmatic episode, and the dude in the mustang was pretty messed up. I found him in the passenger seat. First I thought he was the passenger, and wondered if the driver had been ejected. Then i realized he was the driver and was not wearing his seatbelt, and he'd been thrown into the passenger door upon final impact. He was "conscious" but definitely not coherent, and was bleeding from various points on his head, likely as a result of bouncing around the inside of a mustang. Also, there was no getting him out without fire department tools. Off duty sheriff was first on scene in about 3-4 minutes, SCHP within 5-6 minutes, but fire and amberlamps took closer to 10 minutes. It was a crazy situation. The right lane was initially clear until the second or third firetruck pulled up and blocked the right lane and emergency lane for no apparent reason, effectively closing the interstate.

In my estimation, this 7 car pileup was caused by a lack of situational awareness, an inexplicable clump of cars in the left 2 lanes, and following too closely (beyond reaction time and/or forward visibility). While not everyone in the clump was guilty of these things, it required negligence of multiple parties for the chain reaction to occur as quickly and severly as it did. Traffic was light, and there was plenty of space in the right 2 lanes. So stay out of the left lane because that's where the dummies seem to hang out, and pay attention. Don't just watch the car in front of you. Canvass all of your surroundings constantly and stay alert. If the van had gotten over sooner, or if the cars in lane 3 were in lanes 1 and 2, or if people hadn't been following so closely, this could have been much less serious or even completely avoided.

Driving the rest of the way home was a totally different feeling after seeing that. I needed to clear my head and put down some thoughts, so thanks for reading my long post.

Last edited:

It was a good day for 77 accidents. At lunchtime I was heading to Mooresville, and a couple of cars had tried to go swimming in the lake at the Davidson exit (ended up shutting down 77 South until at least 5PM I think). I came up on that just after it happened (going north), and the second car in front of me plowed into the back of the third car in front of me, who apparently was rubbernecking and had basically stopped in the left lane with full speed traffic behind it. Boom. I saw a spare tire rolling down the road right before I realized it was time to lock 'em up.

Left Mooresville at 2:30, realized South was still completely blocked, finally jumped back off to take 115 as an alternate. Got down to Mt Mourne, and right then a tractor-trailer made a bad right turn and straddled the ditch, shut down 115 for a while.

Last edited:
View attachment 259407 View attachment 259408 View attachment 259409 View attachment 259410

SCDOT truck was doing a rolling roadblock in the left lane with lights and arrow on. Guy in van at the front seemed to wait too long to brake or get over, so when he finally slammed on the brakes, everyone in lanes 3 and 4 ran into each other at 70 mph. I was riding passenger in a buddy's truck in lane 3 about 200ft behind the last car. We had time to watch it coming, say to each other this is gonna be bad, start slowing down, then see brake lights, then smoke, then white cars flying everywhere. We easily came to a stop about 200ft back, then eased up closer I jumped out and helped rip some doors open and get people out while he called da police. Two vehicles horns were going off so I unscrewed one wing nut battery terminal, and cut the other with my pocket knife. A half serrated Kershaw Blackout will go right through a battery cable when you have some adrenaline. Everyone generally walked away except 1 lady had an asthmatic episode, and the dude in the mustang was pretty messed up. I found him in the passenger seat. First I thought he was the passenger, and wondered if the driver had been ejected. Then i realized he was the driver and was not wearing his seatbelt, and he'd been thrown into the passenger door upon final impact. He was "conscious" but definitely not coherent, and was bleeding from various points on his head, likely as a result of bouncing around the inside of a mustang. Also, there was no getting him out without fire department tools. Off duty sheriff was first on scene in about 3-4 minutes, SCHP within 5-6 minutes, but fire and amberlamps took closer to 10 minutes. It was a crazy situation. The right lane was initially clear until the second or third firetruck pulled up and blocked the right lane and emergency lane for no apparent reason, effectively closing the interstate.

In my estimation, this 7 car pileup was caused by a lack of situational awareness, an inexplicable clump of cars in the left 2 lanes, and following too closely (beyond reaction time and/or forward visibility). While not everyone in the clump was guilty of these things, it required negligence of multiple parties for the chain reaction to occur as quickly and severly as it did. Traffic was light, and there was plenty of space in the right 2 lanes. So stay out of the left lane because that's where the dummies seem to hang out, and pay attention. Don't just watch the car in front of you. Canvass all of your surroundings constantly and stay alert. If the van had gotten over sooner, or if the cars in lane 3 were in lanes 1 and 2, or if people hadn't been following so closely, this could have been much less serious or even completely avoided.

Driving the rest of the way home was a totally different feeling after seeing that. I needed to clear my head and put down some thoughts, so thanks for reading my long post.

I don't see a pitchur of a van. So the inattentive jack wagon that caused that mess drove away with no damage?

if people hadn't been following so closely, this could have been much less serious or even completely avoided.

This is a constant problem. I don't understand it. I remember learning in drivers Ed class to allow one car length for every 10 mph.

This is a constant problem. I don't understand it. I remember learning in drivers Ed class to allow one car length for every 10 mph.
Even that's not enough if you're behind a truck or van that you can't see over or through. The problem is, if you leave 7 carlengths at 70 mph, 6 jackasses think you're letting them over!

Did you ride Pandora Flight? It was pretty cool, but it seemed like they were stalling too much for effect and it was lost on me.
I rode Navi river the other day. It appears that ride is for stoners. Getting ready to ride Flight of Passage in a minute. Got the Fast Pass in hand. The standby line is 3 1/2 hours long.

Edit: Badass ride. Probably the best I've been on yet. Worth 3 1/2 hrs though....debatable. If youre going to go to the Animal Kingdom GET THE FAST PASS!!
20171215_105452.jpg

Last edited:

Works in theory, then some skinny jeans wearing twatwaffle from a northern displacement decides that his car will fit just PERFECT in that cozy spot you saved him, just so he can then slam on brakes and make YOU the asshole for now "tailgating him"

I've had to lock my firearms in the trunk for the safety of OTHERS when I drive thru cities larger than Winston

Works in theory, then some skinny jeans wearing twatwaffle from a northern displacement decides that his car will fit just PERFECT in that cozy spot you saved him, just so he can then slam on brakes and make YOU the asshole for now "tailgating him"

I've had to lock my firearms in the trunk for the safety of OTHERS when I drive thru cities larger than Winston
when you get the jackpot combo of a skinny jean twatwaffle going 10 over and a blue hair that can't see over the steering wheel doing 10 under life is interesting.

skinny jean twatwaffle going 10 over and a blue hair that can't see over the steering wheel doing 10 under

Asheville: I-40 edition

I don't see a pitchur of a van. So the inattentive jack wagon that caused that mess drove away with no damage?
Its in the first picture, between the white Ford and the SCDOT truck arrow:
upload_2017-12-15_10-44-37.png

They are badass and well worth it. I absolutely love mine. Zero chatter and the thing is solid. A damn hand full really to put on the table. Standard work table has to be lower though, she is a tall sucker.

I rode Navi river the other day. It appears that ride is for stoners. Getting ready to ride Flight of Passage in a minute. Got the Fast Pass in hand. The standby line is 3 1/2 hours long.

Edit: Badass ride. Probably the best I've been on yet. Worth 3 1/2 hrs though....debatable. If youre going to go to the Animal Kingdom GET THE FAST PASS!!
View attachment 259418

Similar wait times for us. Had the fast pass. Loved it. Kid next to me was crying the whole time. My 11 year old daughter (roughly the same age as him) loved it. When he noticed her afterwards, he all the sudden tried to man up and say it was awesome. She noticed that he peed himself a little. It was HILARIOUS.

Also, there was no getting him out without fire department tools.

The right lane was initially clear until the second or third firetruck pulled up and blocked the right lane and emergency lane for no apparent reason, effectively closing the interstate.

Can't speak for all departments, but if extrication tools are coming off one of our rigs, the whole road is getting shut down (single direction if divided road, both directions if not.) Extrication can be a complex event with a lot of people and equipment moving in a lot of directions, and it only takes one driver trying to rubber neck as the go by to cause another wreck or hit emergency personnel. We do make it a priority to get some traffic flow established as soon as possible though.

Same here! Love extrication, also enjoying the TR stuff we're doing now too. I've already told my chief and captain if we staff a full time rescue co, that's where I want to be assigned.

20171006_202100.jpg
20171017_175806.jpg

IMG_27421.jpg

IMG_27431.jpg
20171213_202947.jpg
IMG_43071.jpg

Duane

Back