Random pic thread.

8th annual Uwharrie Veterans Ride
E02824C3-DD45-497A-B886-540EB98E3F48.jpeg

Point Break Patrick Swayze is someone we should all try and emulate.
View attachment 280142

Bohdi will take you to the edge.

I love that movie. Swazye was a badass.

The little hand says it's time to rock and roll:

Last edited:
My "new" truck...1971 C30, 2WD, dually, 10' dump bed, 350 w/ manual trans. Been in the family since the '80s but hasn't ran in 5+ years; bought it off my grandpa over the weekend. Planning on a regear (currently 5.xx:1 & gets 7mpg empty or loaded), new brakes/vacuum lines/wiring & getting it reliable as a farm/hunt truck of sorts. Haven't decided on leaving the patina or painting it, but the rocker panels need replacing as well as a new fuel tank.
20181118_134513.jpg

Just clear over it, could try to recreate, it wouldn't work, love the truck.

If I leave the patina (most likely), I'll hit it with some satin or semi-gloss clear. But if I end up painting it, I'll take a page out of my grandpa's book & paint it with Ford Blue tractor paint...apparently he had some left over after painting his 2810 tractor years ago. This "rebuild" will be heavily influenced by my grandpa's way of thinking.

Bohdi will take you to the edge.

I love that movie. Swazye was a badass.

The little hand says it's time to rock and roll:

I wanted pictures like he had on the walls of his house. I’ve got one of me rock climbing in the cascades, got plenty of skydiving pics, but I missed out on my big wave picture when I was in Hawaii. The waves were above my pay grade, it was shallow reef, and I was just trying not to die. Caught some amazing waves but working a camera was the last thing on my mind. Still on my bucket list.

Thanks, might check that one out Friday. We've been going to one near there the past few years but by last year they were pretty well harvested so need to find a new one. Did you notice if they seem to have a lot in the 8-9 foot range?
I'd say a lot in the 6-8ft range, but still plenty in the 9+ range as well. We used to go to Green Tree farm Northwest of Boone, but they were really sparse last year, and completely closed this year. Circle C had much better looking trees anyway, so we will probably go back there in the future.

I'd say a lot in the 6-8ft range, but still plenty in the 9+ range as well. We used to go to Green Tree farm Northwest of Boone, but they were really sparse last year, and completely closed this year. Circle C had much better looking trees anyway, so we will probably go back there in the future.
Thanks. Greene's was the same one we used to go to. Last year they shortened a 14' tree for us so I knew it would be worse this year. Still kind of sad they're not open though.

My wife loves Sugar Plum farms. They hayride the kids up the mountain, give you a bow saw and a 2-' stick of pvc with height markers. When you are done you wave the pvc in the air they come up and get it and you stroll down the mountain looking for Santa...or you can wait on the next hayride to take you down.
Its big. The prices are fair. You get to wheel in the parking lot.
It gets crowded.
Bahhumbug

It’s always the stuff you don’t think of. Working on my BIL’s generator today. It would run fine for a few minutes then die at random. Fire back up, die again in a few minutes. I pull everything apart, clean the carb, air filter, new plug, everything that’s usually the culprit on small engines. Lastly I pull the tank. I was gonna dump it, clean it, and add fresh gas. I take it off and hear something rolling around in the tank. Took a while, but I fished out the damn filler neck filter. Somebody knocked it out of the neck and into the tank. It would run for awhile then the filter would settle above the petcock and starve the carb. Can’t believe I figured that out. She’s purring like a kitten now.
96F83702-8841-4F70-A7F9-1C4E58959001.jpeg
A26EAC3C-16A1-4AC4-86A2-16DEF0EB84DE.jpeg
05603BCA-FB35-4921-A31D-3396E913EE34.jpeg

Back