Random pic thread.

Good lords looking out for me apparently had a call from some wheelers out this way and got to ride along which is what I needed to get my mind off my pup! Was fun haven’t been crawling in creeks since callalantee shut down!
5F1B0B9D-3BEB-4708-9B13-C151FD43365A.jpeg
E930B6CF-AE69-463A-B4BB-90296ACEBC53.jpeg
9C5C21E9-7A53-4796-8F43-E687F2CBB618.jpeg

485 N last night on my way from Locust to Hickory.I don’t see how you folks deal w this all the time.Took an hour and seven minutes to go three miles.:shaking:
05db6fff5d609a7fd55dfebdd43018d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^
Good meeting you Steve. Hope you got some deals from Tony.
Likewise,yeah Tony's good people,he hooked me up.About had a truck full and I barely made a dent.

485 N last night on my way from Locust to Hickory.I don’t see how you folks deal w this all the time.Took an hour and seven minutes to go three miles.:shaking:
05db6fff5d609a7fd55dfebdd43018d4.jpg

Last night was much worse than normal. Even with my shortcuts and traffic pattern knowledge, my 40-45 minute commute took 1hr10min.

Last night was much worse than normal. Even with my shortcuts and traffic pattern knowledge, my 40-45 minute commute took 1hr10min.
I don't understand it.When traffic finally got rollin there was no wreck,construction,or nothin!! It seemed like the back up was the result of traffic backed up on the exit ramp but that should have only affected the two outside lanes instead of all five.

I don't understand it.When traffic finally got rollin there was no wreck,construction,or nothin!! It seemed like the back up was the result of traffic backed up on the exit ramp but that should have only affected the two outside lanes instead of all five.
Yep, I live it every day. 80mph to zero for 30 seconds, the back up to 80mph with nothing more than a WTF in the middle. I blame civil engineers for traffic problems most of the time, but this will occur on straight sections with no on/off ramps or other distractions. So I guess I'll just blame Prius drivers trying to recharge their batteries.

Just a guess, you were around the Airport area, approaching the I-85 intersection. TOOOO many ramps & Bottle-necks there! Three lanes going to two, to one lane, Especially heading I-85 S. 85 S. is already backed up there, as 85 goes from 4 lanes to 3 lanes, in Gaston county. Just Good Ol Stupid Engineering! Top that off with McAdenville [Christmas Town], just turned on their Christmas lights, last night, which Jams the next two 85 exits!
Want More, give 77 N or S a run, from 485 to Mooresville, any week day!
Second to that might be I-85 S. between Salisbury & K town! :mad:

Yep, I live it every day. 80mph to zero for 30 seconds, the back up to 80mph with nothing more than a WTF in the middle. I blame civil engineers for traffic problems most of the time, but this will occur on straight sections with no on/off ramps or other distractions. So I guess I'll just blame Prius drivers trying to recharge their batteries.
This is typically caused by someone checking their brakes. They hit the brake and the rest of the cars behind them have to slam on theirs to avoid a crash.

this pattern will keep occurring until there is large enough break in traffic to clear it.

At 70mph means a good a 2 mile Gap is needed atleast.

During a normal rush, this means it could propagate for hours before it clears itself. And actually with the density of cars, it will grow larger before clearing.

Just a guess, you were around the Airport area, approaching the I-85 intersection. TOOOO many ramps & Bottle-necks there! Three lanes going to two, to one lane, Especially heading I-85 S. 85 S. is already backed up there, as 85 goes from 4 lanes to 3 lanes, in Gaston county. Just Good Ol Stupid Engineering! Top that off with McAdenville [Christmas Town], just turned on their Christmas lights, last night, which Jams the next two 85 exits!
Want More, give 77 N or S a run, from 485 to Mooresville, any week day!
Second to that might be I-85 S. between Salisbury & K town! :mad:

Don’t remember the exact place but I do remember seeing the Christmas town signs

We sell bikes, but the real money is made in merchandising.

Buddy of mine had a bike shop 1970s-80s. Sold a lot of bikes, did a lot if repairs/maintenance, but said over half his revenue was kids buying two dollar skateboard stickers, year after year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

IMG_20181201_130321.jpg
MVIMG_20181201_125614.jpg
IMG_20181201_124253.jpg
IMG_20181201_130050.jpg

Me and the fam went to Exchange Place. It's right next door to us. Evidently, this is a place where they used to exchange horses, money and women. I made the last one up. They have these old timey days every now and again. BJC seemed to enjoy the animals and stomping through the mud. B went with the ladies so that's why I don't have many pictures of her.

Edit: and yes, that is a yule log they burned over an open fire after we left. We did get to decorate it with greenery before it went up in flames.

I was in New Bern today to upgrade communications to some commercial electric meters & we stopped for bbq sandwiches at a gas station (surprisingly good) on the corner of S Glenburnie Rd & Oaks Rd. Sat down at a picnic table just in time for an old guy driving a S10 to turn left into the 10' wide ditch in the screenshot below (didn't get a pic). Didn't jack up the body too bad; but both front tires were in the bottom of the ditch, driver side frame was high centered & he was spinning trying to get out. He got out flustered and started making calls since neither of us had a chain or strap in our work trucks. Found a chain & got him out as he was saying "I can't see & shouldn't be driving". Kinda scary since the guy I was working with said he sees him driving all over.

ditch.jpg

Back