Random pic thread.

bloody mary.jpg

theres a good reason for that as goofy as it looks.

Its to protect the hose from sharp edges of tracks

theres a good reason for that as goofy as it looks.

Its to protect the hose from sharp edges of tracks

Negative gost rider! Those are for allowing traffic to drive over. And not for derailing trains!!!!

.......that's what I thought, doesn't look like anything is under the hose and no device like that could keep a train from cutting the hose and possibly derail the train which might cause a more serious emergency than a structure fire.

.......that's what I thought, doesn't look like anything is under the hose and no device like that could keep a train from cutting the hose and possibly derail the train which might cause a more serious emergency than a structure fire.

I think you guys are missing ron's point.
They just used those to keep the hose off of the potentially sharp edge of the track. There;s a bottom on the pads. Not concerned about a train.

But yes, probably staged, like 98% of the interwebz.

They just used those to keep the hose off of the potentially sharp edge of the track. There;s a bottom on the pads. Not concerned about a train.

Well, then it's good to know that a fire department would spend the time and take equipment out unnecessarily just to stage a fake picture for the internet. I'd bet Ron is right, though. I'd guess also that if a train were to come, the red color would be easier to spot and slow the train down for.

I got a tshirt spring break in Panama City. A cartoon rabbit giving the finger and text saying "Silly Faggot, Dicks are for Chicks"

To top it off the shirt was highly controversial in the arts building at UNCC and I was an art major. Lots of snide comments and dirty looks.

I literally busted out laughing at that. I could imagine the reaction you'd get today walking around.

Not to beat a dead horse, BUT those are intended for traffic to cross. They are hard recycled rubber and designed to fold and store. The flat thin white ends are built in carry handles. I have worked for a company for almost 11 years that sales and builds custom Fire Equipment. They might have been using them for some protection, but the top sides of rail tracks are not sharp. If the tracks where worn enough to create a sharp edge they would be decommissioned and replaced since those edges would create stress risers along the edges and crack. BTW, I also worked for a company with a privately owned locomotive. I also drove and operated said device and inspected their 15 track switch yard. They probably set them out more as a flagging device. Poor one at that. Staged or not it show some poor planning in setting up that AO. I'd agree WTH???? A derailment would probably be much worse than what ever they are training for or are trying to content with. I see a rescue pumper with a 4 inch draft hose and no working fire! So why chance a derail. Run a water tanker, drop tank, or both.

That is nasty hook right there w a BIG barb, I guess you could say he's lucky........... its not in the knuckle!! It's probly Black Nickel coated and they ain't gonna cut it w just any pair of snips. I'd like to know how it got in stuck in his finger.

Last edited:
I flipped a canoe one time with my dad and a layed out trout line in the bottom. The line got all tangled and hooked in my dads legs. I did this just a hundred yards up stream from where we were getting out. All I could do is hold the boat and catch our gear while dad got untangled. Glad it wasn't a deep hole. Not a good finish on the day. But nothing like that!

acdn.viralnova.com_wp_content_uploads_2014_04_what_the_13.jpg

acdn.viralnova.com_wp_content_uploads_2014_04_what_the_6.jpg

Saw this at the pick-n-save the other day. It was on a ZJ with the 5.2L. BOTH sides were like this!

20140417_112622.jpg

Back