Random pic thread.

This is really hard to get used to

View attachment 288665
What kind of nonsense is that?
I have this same BS in my Mazda3. Stickshift.
After 6 months I still fucking hate it. After 20 years of driving a stick it bothers the f*ck out of me to turn off the car, and not yank a handle upwards but instead push it little f*cing button. The worst is the sound - it's electrically actuated and makes this loud squawk noise like a motor pushing something it shouldn't. Well, no, the worst is knowing I can't ever do a hand brake turn or have any confidence it would ever actually actuate if needed in an emergency, b/c it is clearly computer controlled in the first place (it auto disengages when you give gas etc) and there is no way to "feather" it, so you also could not use it as an assist to get out of a spot n a hill w/o sliding to by sloooowly letting off etc. Whatever f*cking engineer thought a parking brake should have only 2 very discrete states, all on or all off, w/o manual control, should be kicked in the nuts.

I love the car and this is the one and only thing I hate. I have literally researched what would be involved in switching it out for a real handbrake. Sadly, would be a ton of work.

Whatever f*cking engineer thought a parking brake should have only 2 very discrete states, all on or all off, w/o manual control, should be kicked in the nuts.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Don't go blaming the engineers for that. Almost all of the mechanical stuff getting replaced by electronic stuff is a COST measure. A switch, small motor, and 10ft of wire is a heck of a lot cheaper than a leather wrapped ratcheting handle with a steel bracket, mounting points on the body, and 10ft of cable.

I've Never liked the later model GMs park brake. Push it down to lock it, then push it again to unlock. Seems I always push it down, but need to push it further. But that second push Unlocks it. Now, I'm pushing the 3rd time, & trying to get it fully locked. To me, it's fu ing Awkward!

I've Never liked the later model GMs park brake. Push it down to lock it, then push it again to unlock. Seems I always push it down, but need to push it further. But that second push Unlocks it. Now, I'm pushing the 3rd time, & trying to get it fully locked. To me, it's fu ing Awkward!
Now see...you're one of them folks that do NOT use a flash drive daily, or your be use to it

aMPwD0S.jpg

I have this same BS in my Mazda3. Stickshift.
After 6 months I still fucking hate it. After 20 years of driving a stick it bothers the f*ck out of me to turn off the car, and not yank a handle upwards but instead push it little f*cing button. The worst is the sound - it's electrically actuated and makes this loud squawk noise like a motor pushing something it shouldn't. Well, no, the worst is knowing I can't ever do a hand brake turn or have any confidence it would ever actually actuate if needed in an emergency, b/c it is clearly computer controlled in the first place (it auto disengages when you give gas etc) and there is no way to "feather" it, so you also could not use it as an assist to get out of a spot n a hill w/o sliding to by sloooowly letting off etc. Whatever f*cking engineer thought a parking brake should have only 2 very discrete states, all on or all off, w/o manual control, should be kicked in the nuts.

I love the car and this is the one and only thing I hate. I have literally researched what would be involved in switching it out for a real handbrake. Sadly, would be a ton of work.
I would imagine part of it has to so with what I learned at a Ford training a few years back; "Ford Motor Company no longer considers their parking brakes to be emergency brakes. They are for parking purposes only and not designed or intended to actually STOP the vehicle". Given this little nugget, I could see where the legal department got tired of being sued over people's "emergency" brake not functioning in said emergency, when it's not designed to do that in the first place. So legal goes to engineering and says "Gey, we need a parking brake that can only be engaged while stationary so these idiots who dont understand parking doesn't mean emergency will stop suing us, losing, and going to buy a chebby". So engineering does what its asked, and viola, electric parking brake.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

I would imagine part of it has to so with what I learned at a Ford training a few years back; "Ford Motor Company no longer considers their parking brakes to be emergency brakes. They are for parking purposes only and not designed or intended to actually STOP the vehicle". Given this little nugget, I could see where the legal department got tired of being sued over people's "emergency" brake not functioning in said emergency, when it's not designed to do that in the first place. So legal goes to engineering and says "Gey, we need a parking brake that can only be engaged while stationary so these idiots who dont understand parking doesn't mean emergency will stop suing us, losing, and going to buy a chebby". So engineering does what its asked, and viola, electric parking brake.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
They will still be trying to use the little electric button in an emergency too. I mean they were dumb enough to buy a ford in the first place what makes you think k they will be smart enough to know it's only for parking just because it's a switch instead of a handle or pedal now.

:popcorn:

I'm sure the owners manual is full of description and disclaimers, and it's clearly marked "P" instead of "E" or "help!".

Someone will still probably try to sue, or probably already has.

Some younger guys got Stuck this weekend. Hopefully they will get winches soon.

Attachments

• CF0397D3-A3F6-4F39-A019-96F7DBE70C3E.jpeg
    CF0397D3-A3F6-4F39-A019-96F7DBE70C3E.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 205
  • 85657DA3-F210-4FBC-A1A4-82B3246F7B0A.jpeg
    85657DA3-F210-4FBC-A1A4-82B3246F7B0A.jpeg
    169.3 KB · Views: 207
  • BF8A5B71-A18F-4D90-9015-A146FADD601E.jpeg
    BF8A5B71-A18F-4D90-9015-A146FADD601E.jpeg
    205.6 KB · Views: 224
  • 2188FE7E-D886-44AD-88D0-0AC45D4628A4.jpeg
    2188FE7E-D886-44AD-88D0-0AC45D4628A4.jpeg