Random pic thread.

IMG_20190404_185004.jpg

I'll be interested to see how this thing handles my Golden's mini-elephant dumps.

Been in those shoes (err calipers/pads) and parking lot

View attachment 290018

Thank the Lord for @josh$$ and @Jason W. and "crayon meal team 6"

Mine locked up in Hotlana 5-oclock traffic

View attachment 290017
We went damn near to Tellico to get an old car dad had bought and it locked up on Int 40 in Knoxville,also in rush hour traffic.The brake fluid in the caliper was so hot it burnt a blister on dads thumb.He started working on it while I was getting parts,I guess he felt bad,so I let him.:D At least I didn't have to buy a jack.

We went damn near to Tellico to get an old car dad had bought and it locked up on Int 40 in Knoxville,also in rush hour traffic.The brake fluid in the caliper was so hot it burnt a blister on dads thumb.He started working on it while I was getting parts,I guess he felt bad,so I let him.:D At least I didn't have to buy a jack.
Reminds me of a few years back, driving the Dump Truck. Gear shift was felling Odd, but didn't know what was wrong. Pulled out of Denver Quarry, Loaded. Just made it across Hwy 16, shifted from 4th to 5th., & the Whole Gear Shift, came loose! I was rolling, so turned the flashers on, & made it a 1/4 mile down to Advance store. Lucky there was an empty side lot, that I pulled into. Called the Boss, & time he got there, I had the access cover, in the floor, off. First I'd ever seen, was a 2 piece stick shift! It's off-set. Got like a ball & socket, with a bolt thru it. Bolt worked loose, then snapped off. Only took 1/2 a day to replace & repair it! Lucky I could get it out of the road!

Reminds me of a few years back, driving the Dump Truck. Gear shift was felling Odd, but didn't know what was wrong. Pulled out of Denver Quarry, Loaded. Just made it across Hwy 16, shifted from 4th to 5th., & the Whole Gear Shift, came loose! I was rolling, so turned the flashers on, & made it a 1/4 mile down to Advance store. Lucky there was an empty side lot, that I pulled into. Called the Boss, & time he got there, I had the access cover, in the floor, off. First I'd ever seen, was a 2 piece stick shift! It's off-set. Got like a ball & socket, with a bolt thru it. Bolt worked loose, then snapped off. Only took 1/2 a day to replace & repair it! Lucky I could get it out of the road!
I bought an old POS K30 one time that was about two hours away.We were about half way home when the throttle cable broke,luckily enuf there was a piece of wire under the seat so I knocked a rubber grommit out of the fire wall and ran it to the carb and used it as a hand throttle.Wasnt the best and I thought it was gonna cut my finger off before I got home but we made.Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

I bought an old POS K30 one time that was about two hours away.We were about half way home when the throttle cable broke,luckily enuf there was a piece of wire under the seat so I knocked a rubber grommit out of the fire wall and ran it to the carb and used it as a hand throttle.Wasnt the best and I thought it was gonna cut my finger off before I got home but we made.Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.
Hey! That was the Seat adjuster. Put that back!

Hey! That was the Seat adjuster. Put that back!
it wasn't that stiff.I think it was some old fence wire.That was a long time ago the Chinese have made bicycles out of it and sold it back to us by now.

Refound this old pic.Some of you Marion NC folks might remember it.It was on the gate of an old junkyard that closed probably 15 years ago.It was just off int 40 not far from where the rv place is now.

100_2434-1 (1).JPG

I planted 50 Stella Daylillies Wednesday and they have already grown an inch or more. Pretty incredible. Got them as 2 fan roots on EBay for under a dollar ea shipped.

4BA22807-AE1C-4B24-81D9-B21401307543.jpeg

Refound this old pic.Some of you Marion NC folks might remember it.It was on the gate of an old junkyard that closed probably 15 years ago.It was just off int 40 not far from where the rv place is now.

View attachment 290078

Rolands Junkyard....don't think I ever went when he was there. I need go cruise through his yard again...last time I did, I pick up some 15x8 six lug steel wheels for $40 that I sold at the autofair for $400 :rockon:

Rolands Junkyard....don't think I ever went when he was there. I need go cruise through his yard again...last time I did, I pick up some 15x8 six lug steel wheels for $40 that I sold at the autofair for $400 :rockon:
its been probably 15 years since I was there and iirc they had just crushed out and were closeing.Seems like the old man had died and the son didn't want any part of the salvage business.I went there two times and about all that was left was just some pickins.Looks like they had had some real good stuff at one time.

its been probably 15 years since I was there and iirc they had just crushed out and were closeing.Seems like the old man had died and the son didn't want any part of the salvage business.I went there two times and about all that was left was just some pickins.Looks like they had had some real good stuff at one time.
Correction according to Google it appears to still be in operation.
Screenshot (10).png

Back