Random pic thread.

Ian got a picture of mine going through STP. Thankfully it was a little more graceful than his lol
be5714f568f37aa87a2438a91ae82782.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I did a good deed and took the skidsteer over to my neighbors house yesterday morning to save him some time putting in a new brick sidewalk.
IMG_20190406_085427.jpg

And of course there's the old saying that no good deed goes unpunished. I volunteered him to come help me get some cheap retaining wall block this afternoon :D
IMG_20190407_174038.jpg

These SOBs must have weighed 60-70lbs each. They are 18" wide, 8" tall, and about a foot deep. The top 1-2 courses were pretty clean, but by the time you got to the 3rd course, they were full of sticky, heavy red clay. We got 210 blocks, and nearly half of them had mud in em. Made it rather tedious, but at a buck a block I guess I can't complain. Beats the $15-20 each at LowesDepot.
IMG_20190407_174002.jpg
IMG_20190407_180331.jpg
IMG_20190407_200933.jpg

Last edited:
And of course there's the old saying that no good deed goes unpunished. I volunteered him to come help me get some cheap retaining wall block this afternoon :D
View attachment 290320

These SOBs must have weighed 60-70lbs each. They are 18" wide, 8" tall, and about a foot deep. The top 1-2 courses were pretty clean, but by the time you got to the 3rd course, they were full of sticky, heavy red clay. We got 210 blocks, and nearly half of them had mud in em. Made it rather tedious, but at a buck a block I guess I can't complain. Beats the $15-20 each at LowesDepot.
View attachment 290318 View attachment 290319 View attachment 290321

Those are legit retaining wall blocks. I don’t think you can get those at LowesDepot.

$1 each... that probably equates to thievery. Nice score!

Those are legit retaining wall blocks. I don’t think you can get those at LowesDepot.

Oh, he paid for it in ibuprofen today, I'm sure.

348792B3-AD8C-4FE6-BA4B-6F774F29969A.jpeg

Troop 402 Pinewood Derby. Youngest boy finished second and apparently I made the wife’s Outlaw car faster than mine. Lil bit of tweaking on my boys car and we’ll be ready for the district race next month.

Where is that?
Quarry Town. Pvt land/park. Greenwood, SC. He does a few open or benefit rides a year. This past weekend was a fund raiser for the Greenwood Dog park. There are quite a few very large obstacles there.

That's what I thought too until we we're about 30-40 blocks in and I realized how little we had accomplished relative to how much work we had done. :(
Oh, he paid for it in ibuprofen today, I'm sure.
Pretty much. No drugs, but I'm definitely tired. Hopefully it's worth it. Except now I have to unload them and stack them. So really just created more work for myself.

Except now I have to unload them and stack them. So really just created more work for myself.

OR...I could buy them from you, and tow your trailer up here and offload them, and bring your trailer back to you :cool:

really could use these at my creek

OR...I could buy them from you, and tow your trailer up here and offload them, and bring your trailer back to you :cool:

really could use these at my creek
I need some wooden shelves for the basement. Know where I could find any?

I need some wooden shelves for the basement. Know where I could find any?

Absolute TONS of 15" and 12"

Come get them ASAP before auction. Help me unload those blocks and we'll go over and load those shelves :cool:

That's what I thought too until we we're about 30-40 blocks in and I realized how little we had accomplished relative to how much work we had done. :(

Pretty much. No drugs, but I'm definitely tired. Hopefully it's worth it. Except now I have to unload them and stack them. So really just created more work for myself.
You should have loaded them on pallet's so you could unload them with your skidsteer.

You should have loaded them on pallet's so you could unload them with your skidsteer.
I got a dozen plastic pallets free from work the week before last. I thought about it. I was worried about them destabilizing the load with the plastic pallets on the wood floor and such. Plus that would have been 6" higher that I had to lift them dang blocks o_O

Then again when I go to unload 14,700lbs of blocks, I will probably think it was worth the risk. :shaking:

Absolute TONS of 15" and 12"

Come get them ASAP before auction. Help me unload those blocks and we'll go over and load those shelves :cool:
Auction???

I got a dozen plastic pallets free from work the week before last. I thought about it. I was worried about them destabilizing the load with the plastic pallets on the wood floor and such. Plus that would have been 6" higher that I had to lift them dang blocks o_O

Then again when I go to unload 14,700lbs of blocks, I will probably think it was worth the risk. :shaking:

You could have stacked them on their side, so that you could put a fork through them to unload.

You could have stacked them on their side, so that you could put a fork through them to unload.
My forks will go vertical, so I'm hoping I can get at least a row or 2 that way.

Back