Random pic thread.

Scanned some old pics and slides today...

This is my '85 GMC Sierra Classic. Bought used in '85 with 6 months and 5300 miles on it. IIRC, paid $5800. Came with a 305 and 700R4 and 2wd. Already set up with the tires, wheels, dual exhaust, leveling (1 leaf removed, air shocks w/compressor). By the time I sold it, it had a 350, TH400, and 250k miles. Tires were 275/60R15's on 9" rims. For you young'uns...that was a HUGE street tire in '85.

View attachment 293583 View attachment 293584 View attachment 293585

That’s 50 shades of sexy right there!! Not even a Cheby guy but damn those old classic lines! Anybody who thinks modern trucks hold a candle are plain stoopid!!

Yeah no shit. That's my MIL's :lol:

I think I have posted about this here before....most pharmacies now can bubble-pack meds....all pills for a scheduled time in a single bubble on a perforated card. Best thing about it (other than not having to fill the pill minder every week) is that all prescriptions expire at the same time. One call to refill and you are done for the month/quarter.

My dad bought this new in 86. All original except the paint. 300k miles and still running! My brother now has it in TX.
2019051695202213~2.jpg

Scanned some old pics and slides today...

This is my '85 GMC Sierra Classic. Bought used in '85 with 6 months and 5300 miles on it. IIRC, paid $5800. Came with a 305 and 700R4 and 2wd. Already set up with the tires, wheels, dual exhaust, leveling (1 leaf removed, air shocks w/compressor). By the time I sold it, it had a 350, TH400, and 250k miles. Tires were 275/60R15's on 9" rims. For you young'uns...that was a HUGE street tire in '85.

How the hell do we still have the same tag 35 years later.?

Anyways, lake james.
DJI_0036.JPG

Its definitely bought for convenience. Will be used in the power generation industry. Mainly a time saver on small jobs. 2-300 feet up inside a boiler for a quick tube leak fix, working off a jlg lift 100+ foot up a coal conveyor, etc. We dont have to drag machines around and pull leads. Definitely not a necessity but a luxury.

We have a battery powered Miller in the powerhouse where I am currently working. I didn’t appreciate it till they took it to the top of a 350’ tall stack to fix the winch.

That's a flashlight taped to the headlight of a moped.
1c3143f8042227d2f20a592ce929ffd5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
that's that's not just any moped. That's a Mercedes!

Are you sure that's a moped? That looks like a marcade

That's what I was about to say!!

Classy!!!!
Yep. Thought it was a motorcycle until I saw the moped tag on the back.

Are you sure that's a moped? That looks like a marcade

That's what I was about to say!!

Classy!!!!
Yep. Thought it was a motorcycle until I saw the moped tag on the back.

Back