Random pic thread.

Built some aluminum rolling stairs for the auditorium in Columbia. Talk about some super happy customers.
IMG_20190515_155706496.jpg

IMG_20190515_160935932.jpg

IMG_20190515_160952341.jpg

That's pretty cool. It's amazing where battery technology has gotten to.

Real question though.. how necessary is it though? I guess I have a hard time imagining a spot that would need welying that either a) didn't have access to even 120v power to run a suitcase welder or b) you couldn't wheel in a small gas powered welder. Both of which would seem much more useful, more often, than a battery powered rig.
Its definitely bought for convenience. Will be used in the power generation industry. Mainly a time saver on small jobs. 2-300 feet up inside a boiler for a quick tube leak fix, working off a jlg lift 100+ foot up a coal conveyor, etc. We dont have to drag machines around and pull leads. Definitely not a necessity but a luxury.

I could see it useful on a trail rig, but a ReadyWelder is more compact.
ready welder is more compact until you start gathering batteries off rigs to run one.I had one and carried it for a year or two on rides. I wound up building a weldernator setup on Nellie and rocked on. I sold the ready welder and batteries to Joe Darlington years ago.

Saw a couple of those today
View attachment 293543
So is the battery built into that main welder housing, or is it a separate unit (that thing over to the side)?
I could see this being useful even for somebody that doesn't have a good 20A plug and extension cord in their garage.

So is the battery built into that main welder housing, or is it a separate unit (that thing over to the side)?
I could see this being useful even for somebody that doesn't have a good 20A plug and extension cord in their garage.
I actually didn't look at them closely. Just happened to see their booth as we were leaving the tradeshow today.

Its definitely bought for convenience. Will be used in the power generation industry. Mainly a time saver on small jobs. 2-300 feet up inside a boiler for a quick tube leak fix, working off a jlg lift 100+ foot up a coal conveyor, etc. We dont have to drag machines around and pull leads. Definitely not a necessity but a luxury.
When I rent JLG lifts I make sure they have Skypower and a welder in the basket. We don't pull leads around anymore.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

A bear decide to rip the back of my trashcan enclosure that's been up for probably 9 years. I expect some bear action in the fall but not now. Every once in a blue moon they will reach in through the steel gate in the front. But never this.
IMG_20190515_202300.jpg

IMG_20190515_202257.jpg

So I was pissed off and a little butt hurt over having to pick up all the trash it pulled out. As I contemplated a fix it hit me.

So I put 26 ga roof panels on so it can't dig claws in and rip shit apart. I'm sure my neighbors are irritated about an impact running screws in at 9:30, but if they don't like it they can move.

IMG_20190515_212448.jpg
IMG_20190515_212455_1.jpg

I'm sure the bear will be back tonight. So I loaded it up in preparation for trash pick up day tomorrow. :fuck-you:

So I put 26 ga roof panels on so it can't dig claws in and rip shit apart. I'm sure my neighbors are irritated about an impact running screws in at 9:30, but if they don't like it they can move.

I've ran my skilsaw the last two nights around 10 pm. The first was making slats for my kids bed and the other was for making big stakes for my wife's yard sale. My neighbors know I'm a doer and I'm constantly working on something outside. They've learned to be cool with it. So far....

Battery is built in. Charger was to the right.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Battery is built in. Charger was to the right.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I could defintely see that with a spool gun to be very handy. What is the amperage and duty cycle look like on that one?

Scanned some old pics and slides today...

This is my '85 GMC Sierra Classic. Bought used in '85 with 6 months and 5300 miles on it. IIRC, paid $5800. Came with a 305 and 700R4 and 2wd. Already set up with the tires, wheels, dual exhaust, leveling (1 leaf removed, air shocks w/compressor). By the time I sold it, it had a 350, TH400, and 250k miles. Tires were 275/60R15's on 9" rims. For you young'uns...that was a HUGE street tire in '85.

img002.jpg
img003.jpg
img004.jpg

img005.jpg

Last edited:
My dad bought this in 1976 with only like 2k on the clock.

1974 Cadillac Eldorado ragtop. It had what they called a "parade boot"...instead of a snap on canvas cover for the folded top, it had a 2 piece fiberglass cover, so the gals in the parade could sit there. 500cid, 2bbl TBI. It had boat-towing duties for a couple of years, until we started keeping the boat down at Wrightsville (in the racks at Bradley Creek).
img006.jpg
img007.jpg
img008.jpg
img009.jpg
img010.jpg
img011.jpg

This was my main car in high school, '79-'81. Pics are from about '86 or '87. That one pic at the church has my '85 GMC, and I think we sold the caddy about '87 or '88.

Back