Random pic thread.

.300 subs in those cans?
And supers.

He was showcasing the difference in 5.56 and 5.56 subs (which failed to cycle in any of the rifles...as he expected) and .300 Blackout, and .300 supers all thru rifles with cans.

We removed hearing protection for all of the rounds with the suppressed rifles. I was pleasantly surprised.

.300 super had a crisp POP like a .22 mag on the first round out of the mag, but the 29 after were about as loud as a .22short. The suppressed 5.56 was in between the first round of super out of the can, and the subsonic .300 Meaning it was tolerable without hearing protection. But not for 1000 rounds

His little marketing ploy worked :lol:. I'll be over at his shop next week ordering can's for my 5.56 and 9mm. To be able to shoot in my (soon to be permanent residence) back yard and not piss off my nearest neighbor (500yrds thru the woods) will have me shooting A LOT more. I bought the .22 can years ago so I could shoot in my back yard and NO ONE hear it. And in my current neighborhood I'm 50yrds from neighbors :shaking: And it's a golf course neighborhood, so you can imagine what the residence of something like that would do hearing a SBR 5.56 go off in the cul-de-sac :lol::popcorn:

I seriously want a .300 blackout build exactly like his....but likely with an integrated can/guard. I have to resist though....as it's a rabbit-hole that I can throw several $1000 down into rather quickly if I don't use some restraint.

20191024_165703.jpg

And supers.

He was showcasing the difference in 5.56 and 5.56 subs (which failed to cycle in any of the rifles...as he expected) and .300 Blackout, and .300 supers all thru rifles with cans.

We removed hearing protection for all of the rounds with the suppressed rifles. I was pleasantly surprised.

.300 super had a crisp POP like a .22 mag on the first round out of the mag, but the 29 after were about as loud as a .22short. The suppressed 5.56 was in between the first round of super out of the can, and the subsonic .300 Meaning it was tolerable without hearing protection. But not for 1000 rounds

His little marketing ploy worked :lol:. I'll be over at his shop next week ordering can's for my 5.56 and 9mm. To be able to shoot in my (soon to be permanent residence) back yard and not piss off my nearest neighbor (500yrds thru the woods) will have me shooting A LOT more. I bought the .22 can years ago so I could shoot in my back yard and NO ONE hear it. And in my current neighborhood I'm 50yrds from neighbors :shaking: And it's a golf course neighborhood, so you can imagine what the residence of something like that would do hearing a SBR 5.56 go off in the cul-de-sac :lol::popcorn:

I seriously want a .300 blackout build exactly like his....but likely with an integrated can/guard. I have to resist though....as it's a rabbit-hole that I can throw several $1000 down into rather quickly if I don't use some restraint.

View attachment 305087

I can just see those b**ches chasing their balls around ducking for incoming...:lol:

5.56 subs can be finicky little bastards without some modifications to the gas system...SOMETIMES an adjustable gas block will do it, but you have to make adjustments with a can on vs. off... may even need to enlarge the gas port in the barrel to get them to function properly. Not positive on piston driven systems, I've only fooled around with DI gas systems. That's the great thing about .300 AAC - they just flat out work, no matter barrel length or gas system type, canned or not.

I've shot 300 subs through a can in an indoor range. It was surprising how quiet even in a narrow (2 lane) range it was. Even the 5.56 supers through a can didn't make my ears ring. Wouldn't recommend it be done on the regular, but...it wasn't deafening by any means.

I SO want to build an AR for myself, but wifey sees AR, she sees "assault rifle"... Me: :shaking: So...I just play with them at work. :smokin:

Although I don't approve of loose dogs, in a pick-up, these were Cute today. Belmont to Mount Holly. Right one was full grown, & left was the pup.

Attachments

• IMG_20191025_115959342_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20191025_115959342_HDR.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 218
So, whats the proper way to hold this knife?
It looks like it'd be very awkward to use

It's basically a karambit with no finger hole, so you should hold it either in a hammer grip or ice pick grip with the hook facing away from you, if using it for fighting. I don't think it could be used comfortably as a regular tool knife.

Our back deck is in bad shape.

7D613FAE-DCC7-4D24-B235-1BAB75000AEC.jpeg

Started tearing it down yesterday, here is an example of the rot. I don’t know who built it, but some boards were attached with nails, some 2” screws, and some 3” screws.

FBC9E303-9E14-4782-BF6B-79EA4A967BDC.jpeg

Got it all tore down today. I’ll do some grading to make sure water doesn’t go toward the house before I rebuild it.

2F7ECAFE-F111-4C3A-9D5B-1A90E9B54053.jpeg

Full load, ready to be hauled off.

57CDD058-E8CF-4C21-8429-CFAF2134E487.jpeg

I see this person learned the hard way about how important they are

referring to the scrapes about half way up the doors? Unfortunately sliders wouldn’t have helped that one, but yeah the rockers were dented a just a little bit. I think @Chris_Keziah is exaggerating:D

seriously though, he and K^2 did a great job building and the engineering into the “frame”.

referring to the scrapes about half way up the doors? Unfortunately sliders wouldn’t have helped that one, but yeah the rockers were dented a just a little bit. I think @Chris_Keziah is exaggerating:D

seriously though, he and K^2 did a great job building and the engineering into the “frame”.

Rub rails do wonders for keeping things out of harms way. And it does look very clean and effective now.

They do look great. Saw them in person this morning. Also farted in the drivers seat to give you a little extra flavor

Back