Random pic thread.

Funny looking stick on the back patio tonight.
IMG_20200424_211418.jpg

My uncle does that. He like knots in the trucks and root balls I believe.
Burls give crazy patterns too. There are a couple trees with burls I'm having cleared to extend my deer plot and I've flagged them differently and told the guy not to mulch those.

We broke quarantine.

I broke quarantine also, Dad had heart valve surgery Thursday.(all good now) Went to OH Wednesday and drove back today. Kind of surreal, almost no out of state tags as I drove thru OH, WV,VA, and NC. Other than some traffic in the cities, this was mostly my view. Made it in record time. 8-1/2 hrs. Usually takes 9.5 to 10 or more. Averaged over 70 mph for 8-1/2 hours!
4ce54a074b2226435719a8b191cf0192.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

That was my punishment, got it coming over the state line as a dump truck passed opposite direction on hwy 23 a 2 lane highway.[emoji2959]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Ground a few stumps yesterday. I don't know what kind of tree they were, but all of them had red streaks in them. Pretty cool. Maybe something in the ground caused it, idk.
cac9d3ad5dc38d1467ebdd25d18fbec4.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I’d bet a quarter it’s box elder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Burls give crazy patterns too. There are a couple trees with burls I'm having cleared to extend my deer plot and I've flagged them differently and told the guy not to mulch those.
A buddy who makes knives uses the burl wood for handles.

I guess that's one way to get more tongue weight.
IMG_20200422_102741.jpg

Back