Random pic thread.

Rednecks in Florida “not gonna lose my trampoline to Ian”

1664360255111.png

Rednecks in Florida “not gonna lose my trampoline to Ian”

View attachment 381701

After losing a trampoline in a random windstorm here, I don't really blame them. We had a trampoline in our backyard and one day the winds picked up like crazy. I thought it was like a mini tornado. Lifted our trampoline up and flew completely over my neighbor's yard and touched down in the yard on the other side of them. Probably 100-125 feet in the air travel before touching down and becoming egg-shaped on impact. We tore it all down and bought another trampoline, but this time, I built a 20x20 deck for it to sit on and strapped it down with 2" conduit clamps. Still sitting there to this day.

After losing a trampoline in a random windstorm here, I don't really blame them. We had a trampoline in our backyard and one day the winds picked up like crazy. I thought it was like a mini tornado. Lifted our trampoline up and flew completely over my neighbor's yard and touched down in the yard on the other side of them. Probably 100-125 feet in the air travel before touching down and becoming egg-shaped on impact. We tore it all down and bought another trampoline, but this time, I built a 20x20 deck for it to sit on and strapped it down with 2" conduit clamps. Still sitting there to this day.
Same... but one of those yellow HF tent "sheds"" :laughing:

Current conditions at our beach house on Sunset Beach on the island. The East end for those of you who’s been there is completely under water. We should fair well and know some are dealing with much worse. In the last pic you are looking from the bottom of the bridge at the causeway. Our house is the first house on the right.

I feel for those who are losing everything now.

75B022EB-64FF-4098-AD20-F010A1890BF2.jpeg
8FC7B76C-4F2E-4DA1-BB59-ECFA529DD25A.jpeg
56EE4B2F-0A75-4F23-8023-FA9C8D163FAA.jpeg

I heard and read that working there is absolutely awful
Maybe but they were pretty chipper when I was there at 1am.Folks are miserable for less I suppose.

At least in TX the employees are chik fila level friendly and good mood. I'd find that surprising
Indeed, Glassdoor etc disagree. Friendly does not equal happy. Over/micromanaged and high turnover rate. Very tight corporate oversight.
A cousin was a manager for awhile, said it's great if you like to be busy nonstop and just be told exactly what to do. The stores are clean bc if you are not helping a customer you are cleaning, being idle is not allowed at all. No sitting doown.

Indeed, Glassdoor etc disagree. Friendly does not equal happy. Over/micromanaged and high turnover rate. Very tight corporate oversight.
A cousin was a manager for awhile, said it's great if you like to be busy nonstop and just be told exactly what to do. The stores are clean bc if you are not helping a customer you are cleaning, being idle is not allowed at all. No sitting doown.
And that’s what a job is called IMO.

Back