Random Thoughts.....

It just occurred to me that "a 2x4", when talking about a board/lumber, would be a totally meaningless term in Europe, Japan, or pretty much any other continent.

Seeing this made me throw up a little bit in my mouth.......

20190410_185849.jpg

Last edited:
Being self employed , i hate april 15th. i always hear about people getting thousands back who dont work. Fuhk u. Or thousands back cause i got 5 kids. Fuhk that i didnt screw your old lady. This sux.

Being self employed , i hate april 15th. i always hear about people getting thousands back who dont work. Fuhk u. Or thousands back cause i got 5 kids. Fuhk that i didnt screw your old lady. This sux.

Not self employed but the mileage deduction and the home office deduction being eliminated hurt.
Dropped that check in the mail today... damn sure hurt.

Apparently the average return is a lot lower (or payouts a lot higher) this year, following the new tax act. The withholding tables weren't right for a lot of folks, so it looked like more in their pockets up front but that was deceiving.
I know my total % owed actually went up instead of going down like promised :flipoff:

I tweaked mine to hopefully keep things the same, and ended up getting a couple thousand more back than I prefer. I'm sure that second kid towards the end of the year also helped. Regardless, I was expecting to write a check, so it was a pleasant surprise.

I tweaked mine to hopefully keep things the same, and ended up getting a couple thousand more back than I prefer. I'm sure that second kid towards the end of the year also helped. Regardless, I was expecting to write a check, so it was a pleasant surprise.
Ive historically set mine to owe ~$500-1k and it works year over year.
I knew that I was supposed to be keeping extra every check so I increased my slush fund up to $2k for taxes and thought I was good.

I drove 65,000 miles last year....before I even go on about the home office deduction I'll let that sink in real quick.
65,000 x.58(cents per mile) = $38,025
$38,205 x .32 (tax rate) = $12,168...just on that line item
Then they rub salt in the wound and pour vinegar on it....you owe us too much you have to pay a penalty.

Wondering why people who are given chance after chance to do the right thing and then turn around and F it up, seem to have these great opportunities just fall right into their lap and never appreciate them. Then it makes me wonder why I try to go out of my way to do the right thing.

Anyone see this older Cover Girl model in TV commercials?

maxresdefault.jpg

That's Elon Musks mom!

If we go to a cashless society won't the everyday 7-11 store thieves be out of a job?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

If we go to a cashless society won't the everyday 7-11 store thieves be out of a job?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
So would ATM salesmen.
And, well, bank tellers?
Well.... or even physical banks for that matter, lol.

Back