Random Thoughts.....

So the other week I was flying from Orlando to San Fran. Clear skies all the way. As I looked out the window I couldn’t help but ponder the expanse of the US. That in turn got me thinking about area per person.

The US population is about 330M.
If you crammed everyone together and estimated 4sqft per person you could fit the entire population of the US into 48 sq miles... 30,720 acres... that’s slightly smaller than the city of High Point.

...or you could give everyone 55 sqft and they could fit within Guilford county.

No problem with that but they should have to earn it by working 16 hours a day hard labor.
Back when I worked for the NC Dept. of Corrections every inmate had to have a job. Now not every job was hard labor, but at least they couldn't just lay around all day. That was 30 yeas ago. I hope it is still like that now.

How did I not know that Mike Rowe has a podcast? If you ever need a fast paced podcast to keep you occupied, the way i heard it will do the trick.

This one is particularly good.

Episode 173: Visiting Hours - The Way I Heard It

Whoevers cutting onions can stop now.

Ever notice a lot of fire trucks have "DIAL 911" lettered on the side? Do today's young'uns get confused?

PUNCH 911? Bip-bip-beep 911?

So me and @Susan5679 have been together for over 2 years. During this time she has listened to me rant and rave about politicians on both sides, Govco conspiracies and that Norah O'Donnell is Satan wearing a dress.
You fawkers know how i am.

She was never political before this time.

While i was at work yesterday, she watched a documentary on Edward Snowden.
Her first words when i got home?
"I really understand you now"
MY GIRL!

So i helped make her first tinfoil hat and put a piece of tape over her laptop web cam.
'Dre has turned yet another one.
Badass...

So me and @Susan5679 have been together for over 2 years. During this time she has listened to me rant and rave about politicians on both sides, Govco conspiracies and that Norah O'Donnell is Satan wearing a dress.
You fawkers know how i am.

She was never political before this time.

While i was at work yesterday, she watched a documentary on Edward Snowden.
Her first words when i got home?
"I really understand you now"
MY GIRL!

So i helped make her first tinfoil hat and put a piece of tape over her laptop web cam.
'Dre has turned yet another one.
Badass...
We can get yall some armadillo helmets if you want them.

E1EACA5F-69B1-4885-BCEC-F4EF4E06A6E9.jpeg

^^^ troof

and most of the "cool" guys are on either their 3rd wife, or meth.

Vaccines.
5 years for a safe Polio vaccine.
Smallpox has such a shady past it's had to pin down, but about 20 years from eating scabs from infected cows to a safe alternative is about right.
The current shortest time for a safely developed vaccine is Mumps at 4 years.

They want us to take one rushed through in less than 11 months.

Frozen blueberries are exponentially better than room temperature blueberries.

The same goes for these things from Aldi ......

-RcHf2AnCz4aNxTpoby1-4wII9ZYJ7JkaWvE1U1FMa0.jpg

And these ....

32eb84234192caf8e4e49d45baa69ccc.jpg

Vaccines.
5 years for a safe Polio vaccine.
Smallpox has such a shady past it's had to pin down, but about 20 years from eating scabs from infected cows to a safe alternative is about right.
The current shortest time for a safely developed vaccine is Mumps at 4 years.

They want us to take one rushed through in less than 11 months.

That is because it was created using mRNA technology. Pfizer supposedly created it in two days back in February. The FDA has never approved a vaccine based on that technology before. This will be the first. It is definitely a little spooky. My wife works at the hospital and they sent out an email a couple of weeks ago asking who wanted in on the first round of vaccinations. I believe they are due to start in late December.

You can't change the people around you, but you can change the people around you.

Phone books. Knew they were archaic, and wonder why the heck we still get one tossed on our driveway occasionally, which goes right into the recycling.

Then I had this interactio nwith my 10 year old daughter.

[brings in phone book left on driveway (no, I did not ask for one)]
"Hey look, we got a phone book."
[Delaney] "Huh? Whats that?"
[me] dumbfounded. "I said, a phone book."
[Delaney] looks at me blankly. "I don't know what that is."
{me] hands it to her.
[Delaney] "What do you do with this?"
[me] "OMG. Look, see, its a book with phone numbers. If you want to call somebody, you look them up in this section here. See, it has names in alphabetical order."
[Delaney] "Why would anybody want to do that?"
[me] "if you knew somebody, wanted to call them, but don't have their number."
Also, look, there's this whole section called the Yellow Pages, where businesses are listed, so if you're looking for a kind of business but don't know which yo uwant, you can look them up."
[Delaney]"This is stupid. Nobody wants to look through all those names. Why would you use this?"
[me]"You're not wrong."

Also, I support the Freedom of Speech.

But this platitude of, "I may not agree with what you have to say but I'll defend it to my dying breath" is a bunch of crap.

When I enlisted, I didn't enlist to protect the rights of people to talk in movie theaters.

Also, I support the Freedom of Speech.

But this platitude of, "I may not agree with what you have to say but I'll defend it to my dying breath" is a bunch of crap.

When I enlisted, I didn't enlist to protect the rights of people to talk in movie theaters.
The platitude is defending the RIGHT to say it, not the content of the speech itself. I may not agree with someone's decision to buy a Glock, but I still think we should all be able to make bad decisions without government inhibition. :handed:

Back