Recession coming?

I came to say as a whole my company has everyone get their washed 2-3 times per week. Over 50 trucks now from a monthly service drive through wash
1660085017338.png

I'm proud to say that the last time I washed my truck was the day I got married in 2012.
So are you saying it hasn't been washed at all, or your wife gets out there topless in a thong bikini and washes it every Sunday afternoon?

I'm proud to say that the last time I washed my truck was the day I got married in 2012.
Just to be clear, my '93 Toy pickup was last washed soenwhere around maybe 2016, just hosed to knock the mud off.
I'm seriously afriad to actually give it a real wash or, heaven forbid, one of the automated tunnels because I'm prety sure the dirty is the only thing holding all the rust together.

When you put it like that, I'm sad to say not been washed at all. 😢
Dangit man, I was really pulling for ya on that one. Especially since I could then show this thread to my wife and be like "See! He hasn't had to wash his truck in 10 years because his wife loves and appreciates him! What's your excuse!?!?!?!" :laughing: :(

Last edited:
I washed mine back in 2015, when I wet sanded it to paint it.

I wonder at what point in this raging dumpster fire ,courtesy of the Biden admin., will they actually say there's a recession? Will it take a couple of years worth of negative growth before they abandon the lie? On the upside my "feelings" are so much more intact with this guy, he doesn't offend, just lies like all hell. Maybe by '24 all the snow flake's vaginas will heal enough to vote with their heads instead of their hearts, no matter who it's for...anyone would seem to be better than this guy.

I wonder at what point in this raging dumpster fire ,courtesy of the Biden admin., will they actually say there's a recession? Will it take a couple of years worth of negative growth before they abandon the lie? On the upside my "feelings" are so much more intact with this guy, he doesn't offend, just lies like all hell. Maybe by '24 all the snow flake's vaginas will heal enough to vote with their heads instead of their hearts, no matter who it's for...anyone would seem to be better than this guy.

If this happened under trump, would he claim its the greatest recession, best recession ever! Greatest non recession recession! Or do the same stuff?

Politics is all shit, the thought that anybody up high actually has any bit of honesty. Regardless of who is in power they are going to spin the narrative and change whatever definition they can do to make themselves look better.

If mid term elections this fall keep things all democrat, then it won't be a recession for at least another year, if not until the next presidential election. If either chamber flips, then it will be called a recession about 30 seconds after the new members are sworn in.

Duane

People act like Republicans and Democrats are two sides of the same coin.

They are not.

One is intrinsically much, much worse.

Anyways, can I post this here? My latest 401K numbers? A far cry from the 22% YTD I was getting under Trump....

295263888_10106257109195108_1925943469752995336_n.jpg

FJB.

They are the two sides of the same coin.

What was your % return under Obama vs Trump overall, not just the year on year.

You forget also under Trump how much was lost in that one year, you got a 22% return one year, but that is mostly because of the huge dip that also happened under his presidency.

Okay, lets compare Trump to Obama then. We will use the S&P 500 since that is what most are funds are indexed against. (basically the same growth in the market over the first 4 years)
1660173394520.png

So Obama over his first 4 years out performed Trump.

Obama well out preformed Bush.

1660173519243.png

FDT could be same in the same aspect.

Everybody is so short sighted.

Should we go farther back?

Bush vs Clinton

1660173607018.png

So for the past 30 years or so, which presidents has the stock market historically done better in? Republican or Democrat presidency.

We can even go back 75 years.

1660173744860.png

I don't like either party, they both suck and have downfalls, but historically the market actually does better with a democrat as president.

I was kind of tracking, then you lost me on the Forbes article at 'Blue Wave'. ;)

Because this is completely mid-bottling that the corrupt and morally bankrupt Democrat party... the party of big government, crush the middle class with taxes and small businesses with regulations, 'trickle up' economics, expensive fuel being a good thing, clobbered businesses during COVID, green renewable energy good/cow farts bad.... are somehow better than the cowardly Republicans for my 401k?

I really have a hard time believing that...

P.S. I also didn't mean two sides of the same coin in economics. I meant across the board, Democrats are worse in every category.

I was kind of tracking, then you lost me on the Forbes article at 'Blue Wave'. ;)

Because this is completely mid-bottling that the corrupt and morally bankrupt Democrat party... the party of big government, crush the middle class with taxes and small businesses with regulations, 'trickle up' economics, expensive fuel being a good thing, clobbered businesses during COVID, green renewable energy good/cow farts bad.... are somehow better than the cowardly Republicans for my 401k?

P.S. I also didn't mean two sides of the same coin in economics. I meant across the board, Democrats are worse in every category.

That’s your opinion that dems are worse in every category and that’s the great thing we have here. We don’t have to agree. Most people though fall somewhere in the middle

Numbers don’t lie though. Overall for the market historically dems will give you a better return. Yeah it seems backwards. But it is true, just look at the data.

Many people feel republicans are just as morally bankrupt and just as bad on other things.

I’m also of the camp that fjb and f trump does nothing for us as a society other than bad. Regardless of who the president is. I really hope they can improve something for us. I don’t think I have ever seen such odd loyalty as people had to trump and at the same time such hatred to him and Biden. It’s an interesting turning point in time.

I’m also of the camp that fjb and f trump does nothing for us as a society other than bad. Regardless of who the president is. I really hope they can improve something for us. I don’t think I have ever seen such odd loyalty as people had to trump and at the same time such hatred to him and Biden. It’s an interesting turning point in time.
So much truth in this paragraph 👍

That’s your opinion that dems are worse in every category and that’s the great thing we have here. We don’t have to agree. Most people though fall somewhere in the middle

Numbers don’t lie though. Overall for the market historically dems will give you a better return. Yeah it seems backwards. But it is true, just look at the data.

Many people feel republicans are just as morally bankrupt and just as bad on other things.

who needs numbers and facts when you have a strong gut to drive your opinion? Get outa here w/ that stuff.

I genuinely appreciate how passionate you are, and respect that you are an educated and intelligent dude.

Have you ever watched 'The Social Dilemna'

I'd suggest watching it - go in as unbiased as you can. Maybe watch it twice.

Then stop and try and remember how you felt say 10 years ago.

I'll with hold the rest of my comment for now - but if you havent watched it do and then Id love your thoughts.

Are any of you 'seeing' signs of a recession in your line of work? I'm not seeing it at my work. They are still trying to hire more people.

Back