Refinance

I was actually looking for this thread the other day...I’m starting to get some mailers from my banks talking about no fees, and dropping my rate about .6% which would put me under 3%. I called up my current lender and asked if they could relay what I prequalified for if I wanted to refinance...same rate but with quite a few fees. I feel like there’s a catch somewhere I’m missing, so I’m not giving it much attention...but saving $100ish/month doesn’t sound bad either.

I have a quote in hand for 2.5% 30 year refi at 1.5 points (1.5% of loan balance). Really tempted to pull rhe trigger. When i finished construction and refi in February, I bought points to get it down to 3.25% "because there's no way it will ever be less than that" :rolleyes: :shaking:

Last edited:
Geez, Better.com is telling me I can lock in a rate at 2.5% APR for 15 yr. $36k savings AND finishing sooner. Thats insane.

I have a quote in hand for 2.5% 30 year refi at 1.5 points (1.5% of loan balance). Really tempted to pull rhe trigger. When i finished construction and refi in February, I bought points to get it down to 3.25% "because there's no way it will ever be less than that" :rolleyes:
30 year at 2.5%? You might compare total against a 15 yr and look at the total interest savings.

30 year at 2.5%? You might compare total against a 15 yr and look at the total interest savings.
I'm well aware of the math, just don't know where the extra 69% per month would come from.

2DFB4969-0173-4B61-95AF-54D8504667E5.jpeg

Screw that. Do a 30 pay it as a 15. If bad things happen you have a 50% option

If we stopped eating completely (no groceries, no restaurants, no seeds for the garden) it still would not cover the extra 69% ;)

Got a quote today. 20 year or 30 year both at 2.875%, the 20 year 1700 in closing costs, the 30 has 2500... hmmm. Basically increase my payment 40 bucks a month and knock 5 years off the loan, but have 1700 in closing costs, probably a smart move

Got a quote today. 20 year or 30 year both at 2.875%, the 20 year 1700 in closing costs, the 30 has 2500... hmmm. Basically increase my payment 40 bucks a month and knock 5 years off the loan, but have 1700 in closing costs, probably a smart move
is that with any points?

I signed on today 2 1/4 15 fixed
Total close is 1350 (1%) but rolling it in so no oop...

dang. Your quote is better than mine. 2.675 for a 15
They told me 2.675 for 25 or 2.75 for 30

but I’m sub 50 LTV based on appraisal which helps

if you dont mind me asking did you use one of the people you sent in the group convo about the contacts? I need to get on the ball to get mine refinanced. Im at 3.3
Yes used Dan L.
At 3.3 it'll be hard to justify I was at 3.5 I think and it was still close

Yes used Dan L.
At 3.3 it'll be hard to justify I was at 3.5 I think and it was still close
@Ron - you mind sharing your contacts as well? I'm at 3.99% and prob ~25-30% LTV...it's prob time for me

Yeah, whats this talk of a secret handshake and group i'm not part of. I wanna know how low they will go.

Back